Search found 4 matches

by mikelight
Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:11 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)
Replies: 13
Views: 9991
Great Britain

Re: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)

Will do Steve cheers
by mikelight
Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:01 am
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)
Replies: 13
Views: 9991
Great Britain

Re: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)

Hi everyone
I seem to have fixed it was the dizzy cap done about 40 miles I’ll keep you posted👍🏻
Also has anybody ever changed the door rubbers ??
Thanks Mike
by mikelight
Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:56 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)
Replies: 13
Views: 9991
Great Britain

Re: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)

Hi everybody Thanks for all your quick responses,I’m going to change the leads and plugs like Malcom suggested as I haven’t changed them and don’t know when they were last done. How would I check the cooling to the manifold so I can tick this off the list ??? Thanks again for all the help. Thanks Mike
by mikelight
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:49 pm
Forum: Series 2
Topic: Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)
Replies: 13
Views: 9991
Great Britain

Back firing and breaking down once hot (20mins)

Hi everyone I’ve inherited my dads series 2 fhc it was running fine until a few weeks ago,then it started to back fire and break down then it will start 15 minutes later once cooled down but do it again once it warmed up things I have changed to try and sort the problem. Electronic ignition. 12v coi...