New member from Germany

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Yellowcat
Germany

#1 New member from Germany

Post by Yellowcat » Mon May 15, 2023 7:35 pm

Hi,

I have a E Type S 2 1969 from the US since 2017. I did some changes in the meantime. At first I switched to a Getrag 265 and a differential 3,07, 3 SU carbs and ITG air filter. Last year the engine was completely revised new pistons, balanced connecting rods, balanced crankshaft, fast road cam, lighter cup tappets, original ignition converted to electronic. Cylinder head is now from XJ S3 ignition with bigger valves and modified inlet ports as described by Dennis Hammill. The first step was a 123 ignition USB tune, we coulnd`t tune it properly to this engine. The end is that I have a original distributor modfied electronicllay with a more agrressive curve. I am not sure regarding the adjustment of the vaccuum curve of the carburetor. I use the UE needles in the carbs. I am not so happy with the current setup, consumption is to high 15 liters in a very smooth mowement 90 % no more than 100 km/hrs and not used in the city.

Tuning proposals are welcome
Michael
S2 OTS LHD 1969 Old Englisch white interior red matching numbers
Last edited by Yellowcat on Tue May 16, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: New member from Germany

Post by Gfhug » Mon May 15, 2023 8:59 pm

Hello Yellowcat, welcome to the best place for all things E Type. To help others, please add your name and car model to the signature area. You have made quite a few significant changes to your car, some fairly standard (triple SU and 3.07 diff). I suggest you stay with the standard distributor and set to standard curve to get you car running smoothly. Any aggressive curves will increase the fuel consumption and unless you are trying for competitive driving you will gain little benefit for normal road use. The car is still more than quick enough for modern traffic in standard configuration.

Good luck

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Yellowcat
Germany

#3 Re: New member from Germany

Post by Yellowcat » Tue May 16, 2023 6:57 pm

Hi Geoff

thanks for your thoughts.

Kind regards
Michael
S2 OTS LHD 1969 Old Englisch white interior red matching numbers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kashma77
Germany

#4 Re: New member from Germany

Post by kashma77 » Fri May 19, 2023 6:19 am

Hello Michael,
an welcome to the forum :welcomewave:
Wich part of Germany are you from :shrug: and do you have a couple of pictures of your car to share with us :thankyouyellow:
looking forward hearing from you...
Ralf
1972 Jaguar E-Type Series 3 V12 Coupe
1974 Porsche 911 2,7 Coupe

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic