A Cat in the Nordics

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.
User avatar

Topic author
boss_time
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:58 pm
Location: Sweden
Sweden

#1 A Cat in the Nordics

Post by boss_time » Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking around the forum over the summer, soaking up as much collective wisdom as possible. Now I felt it was high time to step out of the shadows and introduce myself properly.

I am currently in the process of taking over custodianship of my grandfather’s E-Type. Due to advancing age and reduced mobility, the car has spent increasingly more time sitting idle over the past decade. For my part, the summer has largely been about getting to know the car and mapping out the backlog of servicing and repair work ahead.

Here are a few photos of the car. As a small bonus, I’ve also attached a picture of the very first step in my maintenance plan: a set of custom jacking blocks for the picture frame and IRS.

(Unfortunately, I made the mistake of making them a bit too nice—to the point where I couldn’t bear the thought of scratching them. In the end, I had to knock together a plain, unpainted sacrificial set just to actually lift the car...)

Looking forward to learning from you all and sharing the journey!

Best regards,
Erik
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Erik

S2 FHC 1969

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links