Page 1 of 1

#1 New arrival on forum

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:30 pm
by panamacarrera
Hi Folks

Just joined club and forum having just bought ourselves a '71 S3 OTS...

Living in SW Lancashire.

Looking forward to learning, teaching, sharing and generally contributing to the forum.

Cheers!

Nigel

#2 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm
by andrewh
excellent, welcome to the forum . How about some photos of the V12 E? Always good to see a new members car . Whats it like, all done and dust or needing work?

#3 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:27 pm
by cactusman
Welcome....hope its not dust :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin: dust is expensive to restore they say...

#4 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:09 pm
by mgcjag
Hi Nigel..welcom to the forum....lots of great infovand help here

#5 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:09 pm
by Series1 Stu
:welcomewave: Nigel

V12? I need one in my life...

I'm sure you'll live every minute of it.

Regards

#6 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:45 am
by malcolm
Hi and welcome to the forum!

#7 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:59 pm
by panamacarrera
Thanks for the welcome guys. Not had time to take any photos of her just yet but here's the link to her on Classic Car Auction's website...

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk/ja ... dster-7817

She's 46 years old, nothing seriously wrong with her so happy with my purchase. I've only driven her from Northampton to Southport so far but work I've got on my to-do list already is fix an oil leak (Hopefully just one) from the motor, repair a crack in left front exhaust manifold, replace speedometer cable, repair/replace clock and fix brakes. I'm taking her in to Autotune in Blackburn on Wednesday to have the brakes looked at, the rest I'm planning to work on myself.

She had quite a strong smell of old oil and petrol on the way home but I've since discovered and repaired a petrol leak in the feed to right bank of carburettors, just a jubilee clip that needed tightening - hopefully that's the only one but I need to go around the car tightening them all just in case. Oh, and I need to buy my own oil well... :lol:

Photos and more news to follow.

Thanks again for the welcomes, I look forward to meeting up with you all at an event this summer all being well.

Cheers!

Nigel

#8 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:13 pm
by politeperson
Must say, she seems cheap for what she is. Well done, good purchase.

All the ones I have been looking at have been £20k and have been far worse on the face of it.

Very nice indeed. A bargain surely?

#9 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 pm
by panamacarrera
Hi politeperson

At the moment I'm happy with the price but haven't had an expert check her out yet, certainly she doesn't have anything seriously wrong with her which is always a risk at auction, time will tell.

The bidding had stalled, I stuck my hand up at "Third and final time" and she was mine... my son, who was with me, near fell off his seat - he's been pestering me to buy something interesting since I sold an old Porsche three years ago.

P.S. Agree with you on LJKS

#10 Re: New arrival on forum

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:18 pm
by EDW3694
Hi Nigel
Welcome to the forum and I see that you aren't very far away from me. I also have S3 which was owned by a Southport family for 21 years. There are couple of good car meets in the area. I've done a couple e type club events but never seen anything in SW Lancs so would be interested in trying to to get something organised locally.
Regards
Simon
Image