Page 1 of 1

#1 New Boy (Old man ) on the block

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:49 pm
by Tony
Hi,

I am building up to my retirement present and looking to buy an e-type, up to 40k.
Being new I may get some of the facts wrong or sound a bit stupid but this is what I think I want?

I like the Series 1 Roadster (not the flat floor type). Having said that, are they that small to get in? I am uses to 7s, so small to me is small.

I like the model with the covered head lamps

What can I expect for that sort of money?

While I love working on cars, I am not looking to rebuild a baskets case or a body off restoration.

What should I look out for when buying a Series 1. At 40k I cannot expect everything and if some of the numbers are not matching the original then that may not matter as long as the car has no rust (I hate rust with a passion). The car needs to look nice and drive well, that is my main concern.

Looking at the Eagle website and the prices I seem to be well of the mark as to what I can expect?

Any advice would help.

#2

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:07 pm
by Car-Nut
Hi Tony welcome to the forum ....

For your first place of reference I'd have a look in the library :)

#3

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:21 pm
by Tony
Clive,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be off to the library then. Now where is it?

#4

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:49 pm
by Car-Nut
Tony,
navigate back to the forum homepage..

Then look under Welcome ;)

#5

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm
by Tony
Clive,

Just been to the library and it's all there. I now know 200% more than I did half an hour ago. Appreciated

#6

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:55 pm
by Car-Nut
I see you're fairly local if you want me to come along to a veiwing with you if I'm free I will, I will share what knowledge I have :)

#7

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:50 pm
by Tony
Clive,

That would be really appreciated. I will contact you when I have a definite option, if that is ok with you.

I have to sort out my retirement date so it will not be for a couple of months yet. I will spend the time looking at what is out there in the meantime.

Again, Thank you for the offer

#8

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:09 pm
by Car-Nut
Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you some sites to browse, as and when :)

#9

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:41 am
by Tony
The new boy on the block has now been a forum member for 4 years. How time flys. Who has been a forum member the longest?
.

#10

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:32 pm
by Heuer
Click on the members list and it will give you dates. Harry, who created he site, was the first real member followed quickly by his brother Lee (vipergts).

#11

Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:15 pm
by vikla
Hi Tony

I have sent you a private message about buying an E-type.

However just seen this 1962 car at ?40k http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C472247

Very rare to see a reasonable early car at this price level. Just been put on the market. At this price a dealer will be on to it and it will have added another ?20k within weeks......

Happy hunting

Steve