Hello E-Type Forum for the first time,
I purchased an Australian delivered original RHD Red 1964 FHC 3.8 about 16 years ago. The car was factory delivered in Opalescent Dark Green (which I love and will return it to), with cream interior. I have driven it 3 to 4 times a year. I now have some time on my hands and have started a full rebuild. The car is now stripped down and back to bare metal - panels will be ordered shortly.
One question that my group of restorers has asked is - was this a race car ? Partly because it looks like it has been hit front, back, left & right, but also because it has the wrong door catches. If anyone can shed light on this, we would appreciate your comments. I will return to correct door latches unless I find something in its history to justify keeping them as I bought it.
I hope the following link allows you to see the car before strip-down & also the incorrect door latches.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zz882 ... nF150IbLxy
Thanks,
Glenn
New Member - Australia
#1 New Member - Australia
1964 3.8 FHC 861648 - Originally Opalescent Dark Green
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#2 Re: New Member - Australia
Welcome Glenn
The car looks great. ODG is a super colour- look forward to seeing lots of progress reports!
I’m on the homeward stretch of my 63 FHC restoration and can certainly say that this forum is worth its weight in gold.
Good luck
Richard
The car looks great. ODG is a super colour- look forward to seeing lots of progress reports!
I’m on the homeward stretch of my 63 FHC restoration and can certainly say that this forum is worth its weight in gold.
Good luck
Richard
Richard
Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: New Member - Australia
Hi Glenn...welcome to the forum....im sure you will find it usefull...Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4 Re: New Member - Australia
Welcome....this forum is absolutely, a treasure trove of help and enthusiasm ...look forward to more details...as a fellow enthusiast with a car in the restoration process
All the best
Jonathan
All the best
Jonathan
1963 3.8 FHC ..now finished …………….
1974 2.7 Carrera now as an RS Touring
1974 2.7 Carrera now as an RS Touring
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: New Member - Australia
Welcome Pinza 63 FHC is the right choice ..... 
Yves, happy XKE 63 fhc , w113 280sl owner
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....!
and now have found a fhc xk 140 
Looking for a OTS 4.2 serie 1....!
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |





