Hello from France

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
BRB
Netherlands

#1 Hello from France

Post by BRB » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:02 am

Hello all,

In spring this year, I bought an E-type and joined this forum to get more familiar with the challenges related to these cars. What a wealth of information has been accumulated over the years in this forum. My complements to all and the administrators in particular, to keep for example the Knowledge Base so well organised.

I found a series 1 coupe 3.8, but it needed some work to get through the French MOT. In particular, a lot of work was done on the brakes (rear axle blocked after repeated use), since a linkage near the master cylinders from a series 2 was used.

To get rid of a significant oil leak from the engine rear seal, we decided to have the engine completely rebuild professionally and a rear seal conversion was done. The end result came yesterday when the car passed the French MOT with flying colours. Really pleased.

The car will need some more work before it’s back to its original condition, but that’s the fun. I’ll try to add a picture of the car below.

Jan

Jan
1963 S1 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rswaffie
Great Britain

#2 Re: Hello from France

Post by rswaffie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 am

Welcome Jan and congratulations on the MOT success.
I recently got mine through the UK version so I know how you feel!
Keep the updates & pics coming!
Richard

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

:swerve: :wrench: :hammer: :fingerscrossed:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic