New guy looking for advice on hiring an e-type

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
jaguarguy93
Great Britain

#1 New guy looking for advice on hiring an e-type

Post by jaguarguy93 » Fri May 07, 2021 11:08 am

Hi everyone,

Long time admirer of the e-type here getting married in late August this year and really want to self-drive an e-type. My daily is an '03 3L straight-six BMW 3 series Sport which I cherish but I don't need to explain here why I want an e-type!

I'm having a hard time finding one to hire for the day or weekend at a reasonable price. Ideally I'm looking for an OTS, self-drive, in red (but I'm open to colour and also considering a coupe).

I'm London (north-west) based and 28 years old with 10+ years clean driving history. I've approached webbs of weybridge, bespoke, moss, classic car club, love classics and countless others.

Either they don't have an OTS (e.g. bespoke sold theirs), or they're ludicrously expensive. Moss so far seemed the most reasonable for their OTS but their insurer won't cover me as I'm too young (some companies stipulate minimum ages of 30, 28, 25 it seems to vary).

I'm hoping the expertise here will help me. I'm looking for any help, advice, or suggestions on how I can get something that'd fit the bill?

Thanks very much!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#2 Re: New guy looking for advice on hiring an e-type

Post by mgcjag » Fri May 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi...Sounds like youve tried all the hire companies.......so cant offer any advice.......if you struggling with insurance then i doubt anyone on the forum will loan you theirs....as on a standard policy it dosnt cover hire & reward..but all the best for the big day.....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic