Sorry, This won't help many....!

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
grb90
Great Britain

#1 Sorry, This won't help many....!

Post by grb90 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:32 pm

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here but wanted to share this.
I have a great couple of chaps who are local to me and are providing a guiding hand with my S2 bodywork.
They are time served metalworkers who have spent their working life doing bodywork restorations for all sorts of classic cars, panel beating, shrinking, stretching, English wheel etc. and are starting to branch out on their own. They have set up a company called Cheltenham Vintage and Classic and can be found on Youtube, as Vintage and Classic Metalwork and Facebook as Cheltenham Vintage and Classic.
They have started running courses aimed at people just like us, home restorers looking to learn or improve our skills. I did a welding course a couple of weekends ago, honing my skills with my Mig. It was a 4 hr course with one to one tuition, tailored to our skills to help improve our results. I came away with a huge amount more confidence and knowledge in using my MIG to weld 1mm steel. They will also do TIG courses and are looking to do panel beating and bodywork stuff as well. Best £200 I have spent in long time. As said in the title I know this won't be appropriate to lots out there, but if you are within range I would wholeheartedly recommend them.
Plus of course they are setting out a new business so if you want some bodywork done by people with real skills and knowledge, give them a call. I think their details are on Facebook but if not let me know and I will pass on details to you.
:salute:
Guy
1956 Series 1 Land rover
1970 4.2 Series 2 " project"!
1991 Defender 90 200tdi

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rswaffie
Great Britain

#2 Re: Sorry, This won't help many....!

Post by rswaffie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm

If they were nearer to me, I’d jump at the chance to learn some welding & panel beating skills.
I’ll take a look at their site though.
Richard

Previous owner and restorer of a S1 3.8 FHC Opalescent Golden Sand with Tan Trim 889504 (now sold and headed for Athens)

:swerve: :wrench: :hammer: :fingerscrossed:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
grb90
Great Britain

#3 Re: Sorry, This won't help many....!

Post by grb90 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:37 pm

The "Home office" says we can do B&B at a favourable rate..!!!! Although I have no idea what her idea of "favourable" is!!!! :bigrin:
Guy
1956 Series 1 Land rover
1970 4.2 Series 2 " project"!
1991 Defender 90 200tdi

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic