OTS soft top centre clip

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
Mindcorp
Great Britain

#1 OTS soft top centre clip

Post by Mindcorp » Thu May 26, 2022 1:20 pm

Hi guys. Andrew here. New to the forum. One of my e types has a problem with the centre clip on the soft top. I have fixed the issue with water ingress (am happy to share the solution, not the inner tube one), but I think over time my hood has probably shrunk slightly and whilst the side clips are seated perfectly, the centre clip will pop up do to undue pressure. The front of the hood as it joins the chrome, looks to be bowing slightly inwards in order to make the clip connect. I don’t want to take the hood cover off unless I have to. I have tried adjusting the clip hook length, but again it pops open when the metal plate genuflects back to its flat shape. Any help gratefully received.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#2 Re: OTS soft top centre clip

Post by Gfhug » Thu May 26, 2022 5:41 pm

Andrew, which series car? I believe there were changes to clips over the years.
You’ll notice further reading below, why not look through those, maybe they will give you some ideas.
As for your leak fixes, please let us know. One of the great benefits of this forum is the ready and open sharing of information.
Also, please add your name and car types to your signature area, this helps those who have the knowledge to answer appropriately.
Good luck

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic