Estate sale, 1973 V12, help required

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
WazzUpWazza
South Africa

#1 Estate sale, 1973 V12, help required

Post by WazzUpWazza » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:25 am

Hi folks,

I am not an owner of an E-Type however I have registered on your forum for some guidance.

My late brother in law's estate is looking to sell his 1973 e-type. 80 000 miles on the clock, has not been restored but it does run, he was using it over weekends before he passed away. It's red (which red I do not know).

The vehicle is in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Any advice on which forum I would need to approach to sell this car? What are the specific details required from e-type fans who might be interested?

Thanks and Regards

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DWW
Great Britain

#2 Re: Estate sale, 1973 V12, help required

Post by DWW » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:46 am

Hi, depend whether they want it sold locally or internationally. Getting a Heritage Certificate would be an advantage if not already. Contacting an auction house could be an option they can certainly guide you to what is required like loads of photos, owner history and service history as well as whether the car is original or modified and is numbers matching. Also it could be advertised on classic car web sites like for example or similar to Cars&Classics in the UK. The most important is to be able to provide as much as possible information on the vehicle and its condition.
Danny

1962 S1 3.8 FHC (1012/1798)
2015 Range Rover Sport SVR
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
WazzUpWazza
South Africa

#3 Re: Estate sale, 1973 V12, help required

Post by WazzUpWazza » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:42 pm

DWW wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:46 am
Hi, depend whether they want it sold locally or internationally. Getting a Heritage Certificate would be an advantage if not already. Contacting an auction house could be an option they can certainly guide you to what is required like loads of photos, owner history and service history as well as whether the car is original or modified and is numbers matching. Also it could be advertised on classic car web sites like for example or similar to Cars&Classics in the UK. The most important is to be able to provide as much as possible information on the vehicle and its condition.
Thank you Danny.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic