New Member from Missouri, USA

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
T-Bone
United States of America

#1 New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by T-Bone » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:58 pm

I have been following posts on this site for some time; finally decided to register and say hi. We have owned our 1969 E Type OTS since 1976. It continues to be a joy to both drive and just look at while it sits idle in the garage. My username comes from another one of my interests; I play the trombone, amateur stuff only, but still a lot of fun. In my professional life I was a structural engineer working for a consultant involved in the design of many major river bridges. My wife used to comment that we did not so much take vacations, but rather trips to look at bridges and of course go to auto museums or shows. This practice has continued to this day, although we have recently added other attractions. For example, on a recent trip to Oregon we looked at several historic wooden covered bridges, but also made time to visit some excellent wineries! If I managed to use the "add image" feature correctly, I have attached several photos of our E Type, two from about 1981 when it sat on the original spec Dunlop SP Sports, the third from 2015.
Ernie

Ernst Petzold
1969 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Allrand
South Africa

#2 Re: New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by Allrand » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:49 am

Hi Ernst welcome, it's wonderful that you've kept your car so nice all these years.
Randall Botha
'64 3.8 fhc & '51 Mk 7

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

RICHOT
Great Britain

#3 Re: New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by RICHOT » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:23 am

Hi and welcome.

Great to see that you have kept your pride and joy for so long - makes my ~30yrs of ownership look quite short!!

Cheers,,

Richard
1950 XK120
1965 S1 E Type DHC
1989 Porsche 911 Carrera cabriolet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#4 Re: New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by malcolm » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:42 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. The car looks great.
I thought your username probably reflected the fact that you like steaks! :bigrin: Or is that just a UK name for a type of steak?
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#5 Re: New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by Gfhug » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:16 am

Ernst, welcome to the best place for all things E Type. As you will have noticed it is a friendly forum with members freely helping and advising each other.

What colour is your car? Is it Light Blue? That is the colour of our '69 FHC, though when we were parked next to three other Series 2s each being light blue no two were the same shade. Fading over the years, inaccurate re-sprays, etc.

Your add image worked fine and an alternative is to store photos on Imgur
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19527
Just different ways to post photos, which please do add more. E Types next to covered bridges?

Have you had to do much work to the car? And do you work on it yourself?

Happy motoring and wine tasting. Though no drinking and driving, it'd be a shame to spill good wine!

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DWW
Great Britain

#6 Re: New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by DWW » Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:59 pm

Welcome, nice to see her, to see her nice😀
Danny

1962 S1 3.8 FHC (1012/1798)
2015 Range Rover Sport SVR
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
T-Bone
United States of America

#7 Re: New Member from Missouri, USA

Post by T-Bone » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:40 am

Thanks to all for the very kind welcome and encouraging words. To answer one or two questions:

Malcolm: I do like steak and I believe T-Bone must be recognized the world over as representing a great cut.

Geoff: Yes, the color is light blue. We had the car repainted in 1980 with an acrylic lacquer. I have the remains of a quart of the paint that I use for minor chip touch-ups (see photo for formulation). The interior is dark blue and was refurbished in 2015. The top was replaced in 1980 with a black one. The original was blue per the Heritage Certificate, but it was so dark it looked black and as a blue one was not readily available, we just went with black. In days gone by, I tried to do most of the work on the car myself, but of late have farmed out the bigger projects. The last major job I completed was the removal, refurbishment and re-installation of the gas tank, replacing those fiddly trunk lid springs at the same time; a project that made me swear more than once.

Again, thank you for the welcome and I am glad to be aboard.
Ernie

Ernst Petzold
1969 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic