Not exactly new

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
iani
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#1 Not exactly new

Post by iani » Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:37 pm

Hi All,

I've been a member for c.15yrs but, having sold my 2+2 around 10yrs ago I've been quiet since then. I have just bought a S2 FHC however so I have returned to the fold. Great to see so many familiar faces still around.

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

mgcjag
Moderator
Posts: 9233
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Ludlow Shropshire
Great Britain

#2 Re: Not exactly new

Post by mgcjag » Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:26 pm

Hi Ian...Great to have you back and active....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Gfhug
Posts: 3862
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:08 pm
Location: Near Andover, Hampshire,in D.O. Blighty
Great Britain

#3 Re: Not exactly new

Post by Gfhug » Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:34 pm

Welcome back, Ian. Tell us more about your not exactly new car. Fully roadworthy, bright and shiny? Or requiring a touch of TLC like you have used before?
Happy new E Type motoring, at least you’ve experience of the smile on your face as you drive and admire your car.

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
iani
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:36 pm
Location: Northamptonshire
Great Britain

#4 Re: Not exactly new

Post by iani » Thu Oct 01, 2026 6:17 pm

Hi Geoff,

The chap I bought it from had owned it for around 5 years, he then put maybe 2.5k miles on it, only 100 in the last years. The owner before him had owned it for 30 years and had restored the car in that time. It seems to drive ok, I have put 35 miles on it already and will have it out tomorrow, there is of course a list of jobs to do:

Speedo bounces, it's an S1 unit, right ratio but not sure how to proceed, I have a GPS unit on my GT6, would like to have same but £££.

Screen wash jets - for some bizarre reason the PO fitted the jets but didn't fit the tubing, have read every post I can find, looks to be a bit of a 'mare to fit now, will prob take dashpad off and assess further

Fluids - will change all

Hoses - have bought silicone replacements

Choke knob light - will replace tomorrow

Blower motor - neither speed works, need to investigate whether direct supply runs motor or not good news is that the motor runs off direct 12v, the switch has issues however, one of the terminals is loose and the securing lug on the top is missing, need to work out how to get switch out now.

I love the car though, I didn't run my 2+2 as a 4sp for long before OD 'box fitted by Angus, every classic I've had since then has had OD, so I keep trying to engage it on the FHC. I'll get used to it, it's a much more relaxing drive than my heavily modified GT6 (199BHP, twice standard power). My car's interior was refurbed as part of its restoration, the limited use has kept it in great condition, the car is in BRG with light green interior, the combo work very well.

Ian
Jaguar - S2 FHC, X150 5.0 XKR
1968 Triumph GT6 Mk1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic