Bringing a 67' OTS back to life

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
samuelpierson@hotmail.com
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm
Location: southeast US

#1 Bringing a 67' OTS back to life

Post by samuelpierson@hotmail.com » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Hello all, I just wanted to introduce myself & my car. My dad recently gave me his 1967 OTS. I watched him restore the car when I was only around 5-6 years old. He later crashed the car in the early to mid 80's. And it has been sitting covered up in the garage for the last 28 years. It has always been my dream to have this car & I've begged him for it ever since I can remember. The car is in rough condition, but very fixable. There is two things I'll need to focus on first. I need a complete left side door. The existing one is folded like a piece of paper & damaged beyond repair. I also need to find a place that has the jigs to check & pull the body or tub and frame for alignment.
But at last, I am so happy to finally be an E-type owner, after all these years. And am so excited to get this car back on the road.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

ChrisC
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Surrey UK
Contact:
Great Britain

#2

Post by ChrisC » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Welcome to the forum

A replacement door is the easy bit.

To see if people can help you with a jig You will need to tell people where you live as SE USA covers a fair sized area. I suspect you will become a good customer of XKUnlimited. Grab yourself a copy of their brochure and you will see just how many parts are available to you.
1964 FHC 4.2
Etype restoration blog http://connor.org.uk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic