Page 1 of 1

#1 New Guy from Germany, 2+2 Project Owner

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 pm
by CTDavies
Hi there, Chris here, a new guy from Germany, just saying Hi. It wasn't really planned but I ended up owning a 1969 2+2 Coupe that I will collect on Friday. I got it really cheap as the engine is missing ans someone started stripping it. In the past two weeks I have bought a truck load of books, which will hopefully be very hepfull getting it on the road again - eventually, one day, maybe. I might start a restoration thread as I have a ton of questions but for now I'll just show you what it looks like.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Wish me Luck! :D

#2

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:28 pm
by 1954Etype
Good luck Chris and welcome! Please keep us regularly up to date with the restoration.

Angus

#3

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 pm
by vee12eman
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum and good luck - your car looks very similar to mine when I started - better in some ways so you can definitely do it.

All the best and keep us posted,

Regards,

Simon

#4

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 pm
by ChrisC
Hi and welcome.

Thats a very nice puzzle to put together but the forum is here to help you when you get stuck :)

I look forward to reading about the restoration

#5

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:42 pm
by Roman K
+1

#6

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:59 am
by wagstefan
Hi Chris,

Uhhh, what a project - good luck. I am also an E-Type owner from Germany (Frankfurt area). So if you need help or anything else (used parts), please let me know!

Thanks

Stefan

#7

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:38 am
by CTDavies
Thank you for the very warm welcome, people!

I have started a a new thread in the restoration forum so please stop by over there to see some more images of what I have let myself into

http://etypeuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3583

Maybe I'll update some more when the restoration is in progress so you can see how I am getting along.

--Chris

#8

Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 pm
by Durango2k
Hi,

here?s another Kraut online :-)

I am in Goettingen, doing a Series 1 2+2.

Carsten