Page 1 of 1

#1 Hello, new forum member

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:43 pm
by spanish 2+2
I have had my s2 2+2 for thirteen years now and it still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. Drove it over to Spain where I live ten years ago. It was a sorted car when I bought it, but as you know money needs to be spent to keep it in fine fettle. Even in this warm and dry climate, I've had to spend quite a lot on bodywork restoration, upgraded cooling system to cope with heat as well as usual wear and tear items. Having said that e-type ownership pluses far out weigh the minuses. The roads out here are really quiet, so you can always drive the E as it should be driven. Only been on this forum a couple of weeks but it seems very friendly and informative and lets face it we are all lucky enough to own a motoring icon. I shall keep looking and picking up all the usefull information and tips to be had on here. All the best.

#2

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:52 am
by malcolm
Hi and welcome from another series 2, 2+2 owner. I used to spend a few months each year on a boat I had near Murcia - Puerto Tomas Maestre at La Manga.

#3 Apoligies

Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:25 am
by spanish 2+2
Sorry for not introducing myself, my names Graham. Just about to take chrome wire wheels off and make them shiny again. Will post photos of the car when I find out how to do it!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

#4

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:33 pm
by Heuer
Nice car, nice location!

#5

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 pm
by spanish 2+2
Thank you David, your a gentleman.

#6

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:04 pm
by malcolm
Looks great!

#7

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:28 pm
by SEJohnson95
Lovely car Graham, I bet you drive pretty much all year round too?

#8

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:33 pm
by mystery type
great pics Graham. and the car will look even better when you have cleaned the wire wheels :lol:

#9

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:40 pm
by ralphr1780
Great pics in nice scenery Graham!
Can you share the brand of the wax used to get that shiny look?

#10

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 pm
by spanish 2+2
ralphr1780 wrote:Great pics in nice scenery Graham!
Can you share the brand of the wax used to get that shiny look?
Hi Ralph, I just use Auto Glym super resin polish and plenty of elbow grease. Thanks for your kind comments. Graham.