Help - Trim Clips for door window seal

Introduce yourself and find help on using our Forum.

Topic author
kensharp

#1 Help - Trim Clips for door window seal

Post by kensharp » Mon May 26, 2014 8:59 am

I'm in the process of replacing the inner window seal on the doors of my S1 2+2. They are the felt like inner seals which press against the door windows as they move up and down. I have tried all the usual places but no luck. The clips are like a double 'U' shape. They clip the chrome strip to the edge of the metal panel along the top, inner of the door as a 'U' clip and also clip the felt strip to the chrome strip by means of the second 'U'. (Hope that is clear enough to understand). There is no difficulty sourcing the usual trim clips but I understand that the ones I've tried to describe are not used anywhere else on the car. When I stripped the seals down I assumed I would be able to replace the clips and as they were well rusted in place I broke three of the five on the first unit whilst removing them. Thankfully I discovered my difficulty and was more careful with the second unit and managed to save all five clips. So I now have seven out of the ten required, which is a fall back plan. But they are not in the best of condition so new ones would be best. It's so frustrating to be held up by a few clips costing pence. Can anyone suggest a source. They must be available from somewhere. Thanks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jagbadu67
Switzerland

#2 Re: Help - Trim Clips for door window seal

Post by Jagbadu67 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:50 pm

kensharp wrote:
Mon May 26, 2014 8:59 am
I'm in the process of replacing the inner window seal on the doors of my S1 2+2. They are the felt like inner seals which press against the door windows as they move up and down. I have tried all the usual places but no luck. The clips are like a double 'U' shape. They clip the chrome strip to the edge of the metal panel along the top, inner of the door as a 'U' clip and also clip the felt strip to the chrome strip by means of the second 'U'. (Hope that is clear enough to understand). There is no difficulty sourcing the usual trim clips but I understand that the ones I've tried to describe are not used anywhere else on the car. When I stripped the seals down I assumed I would be able to replace the clips and as they were well rusted in place I broke three of the five on the first unit whilst removing them. Thankfully I discovered my difficulty and was more careful with the second unit and managed to save all five clips. So I now have seven out of the ten required, which is a fall back plan. But they are not in the best of condition so new ones would be best. It's so frustrating to be held up by a few clips costing pence. Can anyone suggest a source. They must be available from somewhere. Thanks.
Hi do you have any information about this issue?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#3 Re: Help - Trim Clips for door window seal

Post by Gfhug » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:58 pm

Look at Bresco.com for weather seal clips

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heronscourt
Great Britain

#4 Re: Help - Trim Clips for door window seal

Post by Heronscourt » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:16 pm

Hi, I have the clips you need. I think you need 14 clips, 7 per side. PM your address and I'll post them out to you.
Failing that SNGBARRATT had them last time I looked. ( a month ago)
Alan R
Etype series 1.5 roadster 1968

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

abowie
Australia

#5 Re: Help - Trim Clips for door window seal

Post by abowie » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:47 pm

Just drill holes and rivet them in place. Easy and more secure.

Don't forget to paint the heads of the rivets black as you can see them through the glass.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1962 MGB
http://www.projectetype.com/index.php/the-blog.html
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic