Page 1 of 1

#1 got a few Jags, but not yet an E-Type !

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:21 pm
by rolando38
Hello from the french Alps

I started filling my garage with a '61 Mk2 3 years ago, and then came a '70 XJ S1 in december 2013, and finally a '99 convertible XKR early this year
...but it seems my appetite for Jags has not been fully satisfied, as I would really like, as many others I guess, to add an E-type to my "collection"

I have done the mechanics so far myself although I did not have -thanks god- to tackle engine issues so far (good old XKs are reliable ain't they ?)

I'm glad to join the forum to learn more and -who knows- maybe find the machine of my dreams: series 1,5 2+2 manual LHD would be my best -affordable- choice

#2

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:52 am
by spanish 2+2
Welcome Rolando, good luck in your search for an E Type to add to your Jaguar collection. Yes XK engines are strong and reliable if its been looked after, regularly serviced etc Bodywork is your main concern when buying one. Good Luck. Graham.

#3

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:23 am
by malcolm
Hi and welcome, and good luck in the search. I've got a series 2, 2+2 in cream, and think it's a great model for getting an affordable E type in good nick. I've also got a modern XF-S for day to day stuff.

#4

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:46 am
by rolando38
thanks for your advice Malcom and Spanish2+2
I will continue my search;
from experience, April to july are the best periods for sellers, september to March the best period for buyers...

#5

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:04 pm
by MLBS3V12
Hi Rolando,

bienvenue sur le forum et bonne recherche pour ta prochaine Jaguar!
@+
Michel