#1 LA Kitty
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:46 am
Hi everybody,
Well first let me thank you for this forum, thank you to everyone for their contributions, I think I passed the last few months educating myself mostly on or due to this forum.
And it?s been a huge help during my research for my first classic car.
I started to type a looong and detailed thread on it but didn?t save... of course I lost it.
My lost is your gain since it was way too long.
So to make it short I got myself an e-type, 69 FHC few months ago.
After 2 years searching I had to buy this one even if I wanted an S1.
Great driver condition for an even better price.
Few pics for thousands words: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jun65439cbxe ... EmwNa?dl=0
I am so happy with it now, even if I still have a lot of work to do I can drive it and I do, and that was the goal.
Very good base I just had to refresh of fix few things to enjoy it.
A shop did the basics first: bushes, ball joints, bearings, brakes, shocks, cooling, hoses, minimum defederalization etc and electronic ignition (Thank you again Moeregaard for the help).
While I tried to take care of the interior and now I can slowly think about improvements (or not).
Next steps?
Webers, new exhaust, bucket seats, new bonnet or just lens cover, 2.88 or 5sp box, etc
So far I clearly need to change these carbs, there are so boring.
And you convinced me to go for the mangoletsi cable kit, especially with the webers.
My throttle linkage is really ??merdique??
By the way, did anyone tried modern carbs like here? http://www.v-performance.com/products/air_fuel.html
(I am a big fan of slide carbs, at least on my bikes)
So as you see I plan to modify it a bit. But I also wanted to drive it stock first.
Nothing crazy, especially since I?m getting more reasonable with age, and here in CA it?s not that easy to drive?
Compared to my country, I come from Tours / 100km from Le Mans if you see what I mean.
So thanks again to all, and hope to give in return if I can.
Cheers!
Well first let me thank you for this forum, thank you to everyone for their contributions, I think I passed the last few months educating myself mostly on or due to this forum.
And it?s been a huge help during my research for my first classic car.
I started to type a looong and detailed thread on it but didn?t save... of course I lost it.
My lost is your gain since it was way too long.
So to make it short I got myself an e-type, 69 FHC few months ago.
After 2 years searching I had to buy this one even if I wanted an S1.
Great driver condition for an even better price.
Few pics for thousands words: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jun65439cbxe ... EmwNa?dl=0
I am so happy with it now, even if I still have a lot of work to do I can drive it and I do, and that was the goal.
Very good base I just had to refresh of fix few things to enjoy it.
A shop did the basics first: bushes, ball joints, bearings, brakes, shocks, cooling, hoses, minimum defederalization etc and electronic ignition (Thank you again Moeregaard for the help).
While I tried to take care of the interior and now I can slowly think about improvements (or not).
Next steps?
Webers, new exhaust, bucket seats, new bonnet or just lens cover, 2.88 or 5sp box, etc
So far I clearly need to change these carbs, there are so boring.
And you convinced me to go for the mangoletsi cable kit, especially with the webers.
My throttle linkage is really ??merdique??
By the way, did anyone tried modern carbs like here? http://www.v-performance.com/products/air_fuel.html
(I am a big fan of slide carbs, at least on my bikes)
So as you see I plan to modify it a bit. But I also wanted to drive it stock first.
Nothing crazy, especially since I?m getting more reasonable with age, and here in CA it?s not that easy to drive?
Compared to my country, I come from Tours / 100km from Le Mans if you see what I mean.
So thanks again to all, and hope to give in return if I can.
Cheers!

