#1 New member
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:37 pm
Hello all,
My name is Richard Blumsom and I'm a new member here.
I live in Tring, Hertfordshire UK and my car is a '65 S1 4.2 OTS in Old English White.
I have always loved classics, my first car at 17 being a rather rusty '67 2L Triumh Vitesse convertible. This was followed by a TR6, an Aston and now the E-type.
I have owned the 'E' for 15 years and I believe it to have been restored in the '80s; it's looking a little tired now. To this point I have been performing a "rolling restoration", i.e. when something broke/fell off replace or restore the offending part. This approach was dictated by a reluctance to take the car off the road for a prolonged period.
My visit to this forum was prompted by the latest failure, that being sticking front brakes which caused an overheated wheel bearing. I have ordered a set of disks from Fosseway, and in an effort to solve the over-heating issues have also ordered one of their aluminum radiators.
Having removed the bonet and dropped the rear suspension I now find myself at a crossroads in deciding whether to limit the work to the initial project or to go the whole hog and embark upon a full restoration.
Either way, I have found the forum to be invaluable thus far and congratulate the many contributors on their knowledge and willingness to help their fellow Jaguar lovers.
My name is Richard Blumsom and I'm a new member here.
I live in Tring, Hertfordshire UK and my car is a '65 S1 4.2 OTS in Old English White.
I have always loved classics, my first car at 17 being a rather rusty '67 2L Triumh Vitesse convertible. This was followed by a TR6, an Aston and now the E-type.
I have owned the 'E' for 15 years and I believe it to have been restored in the '80s; it's looking a little tired now. To this point I have been performing a "rolling restoration", i.e. when something broke/fell off replace or restore the offending part. This approach was dictated by a reluctance to take the car off the road for a prolonged period.
My visit to this forum was prompted by the latest failure, that being sticking front brakes which caused an overheated wheel bearing. I have ordered a set of disks from Fosseway, and in an effort to solve the over-heating issues have also ordered one of their aluminum radiators.
Having removed the bonet and dropped the rear suspension I now find myself at a crossroads in deciding whether to limit the work to the initial project or to go the whole hog and embark upon a full restoration.
Either way, I have found the forum to be invaluable thus far and congratulate the many contributors on their knowledge and willingness to help their fellow Jaguar lovers.