Page 1 of 1
#1 New e type owner and member
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:37 pm
by Mickyflynn55
Well hello everybody , I've survived cooking Christmas dinner for all the family and now to try and make my first post ! After more than 30 years of wanting one it's finally in my garage , I've just imported it from the USA , it's a 1969 2+2 , British racing green, not sure what colour the interior was originally but what's left of it is black ( it's been in storage for 20 odd years and I think the mice have been in there for most of them) , it's an auto not my first choice but it's an e type and it's in my garage !! I'm obviously new to e type ownership and far from an classic car expert but from what I do know it looks in pretty good condition ,I've just refurbished the steering wheel which I know is probably the easiest of all jobs , now it gets serious! If there's anybody local who fancies a cuppa and offering a bit of guidance they are more than welcome to pop in ,
Anyways that's all for now folks I'm sure I'll be back soon with lots of questions,
Mick
#2
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:02 pm
by ands59
Hi Mick
Welcome and Merry Christmas to you
I'm near Durham
Will be in your area late January if you want a chat
I've a S1 ots nearing completion
Andy
#3 Welcome
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:33 pm
by cactusman
More than 30 years....no time at all. I waited 40 years for mine. Sadly not in the Leeds area but welcome and good luck. You will not regret a moment!
#4
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:03 am
by GravyGraham
Being down in Kent I'm of no use to you either but hello and welcome anyway. Stick around here and make a nuisance of yourself - something fruitful will come of it.
#5
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:21 am
by malcolm
Hi and welcome from a fellow '69 2+2 owner!
#6
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:48 pm
by David Oslo
Welcome Mick !
The auto box is not all that bad, you can hold it in 1st and blast away from the traffic lights, or use the lever on overtakes, in addition to the kick-down. I actually got sort of fond of my auto box, especially on the gridlock crawls in rush traffic (I used mine as my daily driver for an entire summer).
#7
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:57 pm
by Mickyflynn55
Thanks to all for the warm welcome , I hope your all safe and dry , im looking forward to hopefully being out on the road by spring time (not sure if that's hopeful or dreaming) im a fan of autos generally so it's not an issue really,
Get ready for the pleas for advice !!
Mick