Page 1 of 1

#1 Edgar says hi

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:01 am
by Edgar
Hi all, I'm new to the wonderful world of E-types.

I'm 40 years old, live in The Netherlands and acquired a 1969 Series 2 OTS (LHD) about 1 year ago. I found this car in Holland. The owner imported it from the US and started restoration many years ago but unfortunately wasn't able to complete it.
A few months ago I started working on this car, making a list of what should be done, which parts are more necessary and, above all, finding out how they are put together.

I'm putting in a lot of time and effort to get the car back on the road soon. What makes it complex is completing a partly assembled car that somebody else disassembled. Especially if it's your first introduction to E-types.
I was not fond of all the work doneby the previous owner so it's now sometimes one step forward, three steps back.

I have a large preference for British cars. :wavegreatbritain: Owned a TR6 for about 8 years (sold it in 2010) which was my first British classic. In the meantime I also bought and started restoring a Jensen Interceptor. Now I have 4 of them.
And then there's a Triumph TR3A as well. This is undergoing a body-off restoration. After disassembly I've gone through lots of works and the chassis is now built up including suspension, rear axle and leafs. This car is now receiving bodywork at a shop. All bodywork was mediablasted beforehand and I've included new floors, inner and outer sills, battery tray area and so on.

Thanks for reading and your patience regarding my questions. Hopefully will be able to contribute as well.

Will start a restoration/gallery topic about my car.
edit: just opened a restoration topic here http://www.myetype.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9162

#2 Re: Edgar says hi

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:22 pm
by mgcjag
Hi Edgar....Welcolm to the forum......Im sure you will find it a great asset to help with you restorstion......huge amount of information and help available......make sure you check out tne Knowledge base section where you will find copies of the workshop manuals..and lots more..all the best Steve

#3 Re: Edgar says hi

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:24 am
by malcolm
Hi and welcome, hope it all goes well.