Coronation Day

For general talk non car related.
Tasteful jokes.

Topic author
Mark Gordon
United States of America

#1 Coronation Day

Post by Mark Gordon » Sun May 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Like a lot of us on this side of the Pond, I got up early to watch the Coronation of King Charles III. Whether one is pro- or anti-monarchy (I side with the pro's for England but not for America), with all the pomp and circumstance, you Brits sure do now how to put on a spectacle! Well done and congratulations!
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#2 Re: Coronation Day

Post by christopher storey » Sun May 07, 2023 2:19 pm

Thank you for that generous tribute Mark . It was rather a miserable wet day in London, but otherwise it all went very well, and I was relieved that there were no disturbances to spoil things in this needlessly discontented country of ours. God save the King ! - and when occasionally I think that he has put forward some slightly odd views, I remind myself of what a strange life it must be to have to wait until you are nearly 74 to start your destined job

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Gfhug
Great Britain

#3 Re: Coronation Day

Post by Gfhug » Sun May 07, 2023 4:17 pm

Mark, I’ll add my thanks as well. We can be proud of our nation and the pomp when we have these occasions. And some of the King’s views may have looked at odds with the world when made 40 or 50 years ago, but he has been proved right on many subjects, he was ahead of his time and most of the rest of the world. God save the King!

Geoff
S2 FHC Light Blue
S2 OTS LHD - RHD full restoration

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic