Reeeeally tempted..

For general talk non car related.
Tasteful jokes.

288gto
Russia

#41 Re: Reeeeally tempted..

Post by 288gto » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:56 am

That's great news Andrew. I'm looking forward to more pics and updates.

Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

rossco_j
Australia

#42 Re: Reeeeally tempted..

Post by rossco_j » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:32 am

Fantastic. Hope to see some more videos.
Ross
1972 Series 3 E Type 2+2
1972 MGB GT
1965 Mini Cooper
https://rossjohnsonphotography.zenfolio.com/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
abowie
Australia

#43 Re: Reeeeally tempted..

Post by abowie » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:59 am

After a lot of thought, I have decided to move the XJS on.

For me to use it it would need to be road registered as I have no room for a trailer and no real interest in trailering it.

When I took it to be assessed for road registration they seized and impounded it for 2 months, without explanation. When I asked why they were taking it I was told that they couldn't tell me as it "was the subject of a Police investigation".

When I got it back their excuse was that they didn't like the quality of the stamping of the engine number leading them to believe that it "could be" fraudulent. They required that I chisel off the original number and stamp a new number supplied by them on the block.

They then listed a number of other "problems" and implied that I was welcome to try again but that I wasn't going to be successful. This car, mind you, was road registered in Queensland without issue when I bought it.

The problem with these guys is they're like Customs; there is no appeal process. I've just finished fighting them over my latest E Type resto. Three assessments for "stiff" steering on a car with all new components. Additional cost to me; around $2000. Wasted time; a couple of weekends of my time over 2 months. I've driven a lot more E Types than any of them there and own 3 myself. The steering was fine.

So I've got together with a friend who also historic races and I'm going to swap the car for his 1961 3.4 Mk2. It's an ex automatic with a 5 speed Supra box in it in excellent original driver condition. He already has a race car trailer and loads of storage on his farm.

He lives and races in South Australia as well, so I'll get a drive in the XJS sooner or later.

Watch this space.
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1962 MGB
http://www.projectetype.com/index.php/the-blog.html
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic