Brexit Bonus!

For general talk non car related.
Tasteful jokes.

Durango2k
Germany

#41 Re: Brexit Bonus!

Post by Durango2k » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:18 pm

I think my first post was a bit harsh. I‘m a rather direct type of guy, and if you add the obvious language barrier, I may have lent out myself a bit too far this time.

I mean things do become expensive, and that put me off a bit. Who would not be put off by that ? I paid some pounds for this and that on ebay (including an ultra rare astrali wheel center puck from 1975 I need for the Centaur), and then had to pay 16 pounds freight plus another 17 pounds taxes which I cannot get back because I bought from private vendors in the first row.

And then, finally, I especially bought a 10 inch steel tube with an ID of 9/16 which is 14.2875, but what I got was a 14 mm metric tube I could have bought round the corner. I need it to lengthen the steering shaft of my Centaur kit, because the old one was never straight, and is drilled offset, so,I have to make my own. And the Imp shafts are.... 9/16“, hence my need. The steel tube came from Car Builder Solutions, I am waiting for their response at the moment. Seems I have to go to a workshop and have 3/10 mm turned down on the ends of the Imp shafts and use their 14 mm tube. And all that after paying around 80 pounds...put me a bit off.

Carsten

P.S. regarding Australia I just helped a chap down there by hunting down an ultra ultra rare piece of Citroen stuff, a hydraulic high pressure assisted clutch cylinder that was only ever used in the CX prestige (long) models in 79 and 80, to help him get a softer pedal so that his wife can drive his Maserati Merak with its Citroen hydraulics (and a 220 hp SS engine). Even I had a lot of head scratching before I found one.
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#42 Re: Brexit Bonus!

Post by Barry » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:34 pm

Christopher, your thought police comments are unnecessary. This Is pub chat, and within reason we are allowed to offer comments and discuss what we like. Thank you. So while I’m here, thank the lord for Brexit, and recent events within the EU shows what a broken organisation it is. The vaccine is a brilliant example. The fact certain companies are making extra money from Brexit on both sides of the channel is unfortunate, but it will settle down. I am involved professionally in the building industry, and timber prices are now 40% above what they were pre Brexit. Just one example.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#43 Re: Brexit Bonus!

Post by Barry » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:39 pm

OK guys. My apologies, I am a bit late to the party, as you say David, and only just read page 2. Christopher, please accept my apologies for my unnecessary comments. Sorry, got to admit when I’m wrong.......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

christopher storey
Great Britain

#44 Re: Brexit Bonus!

Post by christopher storey » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:01 pm

Barry :apology accepted with thanks :bigrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barry
Great Britain

#45 Re: Brexit Bonus!

Post by Barry » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:57 pm

Cheers!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Durango2k
Germany

#46 Re: Brexit Bonus!

Post by Durango2k » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:34 am

Guys,

I have just discovered „the great escapists“ on amazon. I am currently in ep. 4 / fireworks, and its a certainly a bit childish but .... also brilliant.

Many thanks for giving the world messieurs Hammond, Clarkson (albeit he‘s just a coconut body in this...), and May (who‘s sadly not there).

Will love british humour forever, even if sometimes my local people think I am way too far out...I don‘t care.

Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic