For general talk non car related.
Tasteful jokes.

Topic author
Durango2k
Germany

#1 Never fly Ryanair !

Post by Durango2k » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:11 am

Warning for Ryanair / flights to Edinburgh

Hi everyone, Ryanair lost all of our luggage on the flight to EDI. Along with at least 40 other passengers of the same flight (we created a whatsapp group)- it's all gone, no one knows where it is.

Total chaos reigns on site in EDI, 100s of suitcases are stacked in the baggage hall, some of them several weeks old. An airport manager said, "we have completely lost control over the situation".

The luggage lying around on site clearly shows that Ryanair already knew about this chaos before our departure, and this is also reflected in the behavior of the staff on site - totally overwhelmed, no help, nothing at all. We were sent away, nothing could be done, our problem.

Now we are in Scotland, just with our clothes and the onboard luggage.

I can only warn everyone against Ryanair. NEVER fly with this airline, the support and service is unbelievably bad.

NEVER FLY RYANAIR !
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

malcolm
Great Britain

#2 Re: Never fly Ryanair !

Post by malcolm » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:27 am

I have in the past, and always hated it.
Malcolm
I only fit in a 2+2, so got one!
1969 Series 2 2+2
2009 Jaguar XF-S
2015 F Type V6 S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Herzeg
Great Britain

#3 Re: Never fly Ryanair !

Post by Herzeg » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:28 am

To be fair, I don't think it's only Ryanair, there is a mountain of luggage in Heathrow that is in the tens of thousands. It's an airport issue. Thats why I always upgrade for two items of cabin luggage and very rarely take hold luggage.

Doesn't solve your problem, I hope it doesn't spoil your holiday.

John
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

dlgis
Great Britain

#4 Re: Never fly Ryanair !

Post by dlgis » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:18 pm

Whatever happened to Ryanair’s plan to remove seats to enable them to carry more passengers? :lol:
Darryl
1964 S1 FHC 3.8 opalescent maroon

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Durango2k
Germany

#5 Re: Never fly Ryanair !

Post by Durango2k » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:23 am

Update / bags found in hangar outside airport/ to sum it up, we lost around 5 days… but they seem to be there, will go there today and fetch them.

Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarekH
Great Britain

#6 Re: Never fly Ryanair !

Post by MarekH » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:01 am

Do remember that once the luggage disappeared down the conveyor belt at check in, it wasn't Ryanair who was responsible for the losing of the bags - it was the airport systems and/or airport staff who failed. It was also their responsibility to liaise with Ryanair and sort out the mess. Ryanair (and other airlines and their customers) will all have been let down.

You need to make Ryanair (and other airlines) hold the airports accountable, rather than shoot the messenger.

I'm glad there is going to be a successful outcome. I hope your holiday wasn't totally ruined.

The same is happening at sea ports and on Eurotunnel.

kind regards
Marek

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

abowie
Australia

#7 Re: Never fly Ryanair !

Post by abowie » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:09 am

MarekH wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:01 am
it was the airport systems and/or airport staff who failed.
Same problem in Australia (and probably all around the world).

Covid hits > air travel severely curtailed > airlines shed their staff, including experienced workforce of baggage handlers.

Baggage handlers (poorly paid and in a marginal financial state at best) find other work.

When airlines want them back, they remember being dumped and have now spent 2 years in other occupations so not really keen to come back to their old employer > airlines are now staffing baggage with inexperienced/trainee workforce and can't fill the jobs > your baggage just stays at your departure point until a solution appears (one day).
Andrew.
881824, 1E21538. 889457. 1961 4.3l Mk2. 1975 XJS. 1962 MGB
http://www.projectetype.com/index.php/the-blog.html
Adelaide, Australia

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic