It's that time of life

For general talk non car related.
Tasteful jokes.

Topic author
Tony
Great Britain

#1 It's that time of life

Post by Tony » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Well, I retired today, came home and paid off the mortgage. I am now going out for a meal with my family to start on spending the rest of my lump sum.

It has its advantages being old. How many times can you clean an E type in a week without being called an absolute nutter.
Tony (E typed)

1962 E Type Series 1 Roadster (OTS)

Tony

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mark Gordon
United States of America

Post by Mark Gordon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Congratulations, Tony. May the Good Lord grant you many happy years to enjoy this new phase of your life and many trouble-free miles (kilometers?) in your E.

Enviously,
Mark

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by Heuer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Well done Tony, now think of the time you will have for all those upgrades :lol: :shock:

Alternator
Voltmeter
EDIS
MX5 seats
Fiero blower motor
etc
etc
etc
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

frogeater
France

Post by frogeater » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 am

Hello Tony,
I think the real luxury is to have time. I'm always running and so, take the best of this period! :!: :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Tony
Great Britain

Post by Tony » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks for the comments. I am back off holiday today so tomorrow, Monday is just like any other day of the week, a holiday.
Not sure my wife will agree?. Time will tell
Tony (E typed)

1962 E Type Series 1 Roadster (OTS)

Tony

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

stretoo
France

Post by stretoo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Congratulation Tony! Enjoy life and there?s always enough work to perform on an E-Type not to get bored.

This reminds me two thoughts:

I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. (Jerome K. Jerome 1859-1927)

The trouble with unemployment is that the minute you wake up in the morning you?re on the job. (Slappy White 1921-1995)
Last edited by stretoo on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephane
FHC 1966

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MarkE
Great Britain

Post by MarkE » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Welcome to the club, Tony?there is a large and growing band of us baby boomers now enjoying having 24 hours in a day to do with as we wish!

I?ve been thoroughly enjoying the rugby over the past couple of weeks, getting up at 5 am and transfixed until 11am. Then I can enjoy restoring one of a few different projects on the go?it was the Mini Moke?s carburettor today!

I?ve never been to so many car shows and races as I have this year, and I?m also helping a couple of chums with their old race cars?one with an old Camel Lotus F1 car with a monster Judd V8, another with a Lotus 30 with a big Ford V8, and another with a Type 69 with a little twincam. I can?t fit into any of them, especially the F1 car, but its fun to play.

I?ve spent a lot of time researching another interest, the Lotus Cortina, and am putting a website together for that car. I?m also sorting out 30 years of collecting old Jag and Lotus stuff that I just haven?t had time to look at and read! I still haven?t read a novel for nearly 30 years and am looking forward to that!!

Then I have a few cars to restore, and one or two to fettle back to good running condition.

I really do wish that I?d done this a bit earlier, although as I still have 10 years to go to pension time, it may have been a little trickier. And even now, after 2 years of not working, I still occasionally wake up in a panic that I haven?t prepared for a presentation, or I?m at the wrong customer?s site or something daft like that. But then I realise that I don?t have to answer to anybody, achieve anybody else?s timescales or work to anybody else?s budget, and all?s well with my little world!

It will probably take you quite a few months to adjust though?.just go with it, and delight in visiting the pub on a Wednesday lunchtime, as we used to at work in the 70s and 80s!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

osgii
Switzerland

Post by osgii » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm

If I had more time, i would for sure travel the world, discover new places... with my whife and my car of course! :)

Have you ever been to croatia? That was my first trip with my first oldtimer... the best place ever, with lovely people, amazing beaches, and a sun shining like nowere else.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic