SNG Barratt User Group

Talk about E-Types here

Fuel.inj
Wales

#121 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Fuel.inj » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:52 pm

Just received a pair of Track Rod Ends (C25447U). The quality of the main component is excellent but as for the grease nipple which I have shown in the photograph is appalling quality.It has hardly any thread in the body of the nipple and it just pulled out. This is only a minor point but it needs to be addressed.
Paul.
1971 S2 FHC (Opalescent Blue)
1990 Mercedes Benz 260E
1972 Saab 96 V4
A number of Nortons.
1939 Triumph T100

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fuel.inj
Wales

#122 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Fuel.inj » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:57 pm

From a different angle.

Paul.
1990 Mercedes Benz 260E
1972 Saab 96 V4
A number of Nortons.
1939 Triumph T100

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#123 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by mgcjag » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi All...if you have a problem with parts from any if the suppliers then its best to report it directly to them and not via this thread.....Although Julian does often view the forum he has many staff that should be able to deal with your problems........I realise that you are also raising the issues to the rest of us on the forum but please also direct your issues straight back to the suppliers......Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fuel.inj
Wales

#124 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Fuel.inj » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:46 pm

Thank you Steve. I have emailed SNG which I hope they will take note. The new track rod ends have 6mm threaded grease nipples and Sod’s law I have a box of imperial sizes. My post was only to highlight the facts. I’ll be happy if they send me a new nipple.
ATB, Paul.
Paul.
1990 Mercedes Benz 260E
1972 Saab 96 V4
A number of Nortons.
1939 Triumph T100

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

steve3.8
Great Britain

#125 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by steve3.8 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:11 pm

mgcjag wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:06 pm
Hi All...if you have a problem with parts from any if the suppliers then its best to report it directly to them and not via this thread.....Although Julian does often view the forum he has many staff that should be able to deal with your problems........I realise that you are also raising the issues to the rest of us on the forum but please also direct your issues straight back to the suppliers......Steve
Well i am sure Julian would rather read constructive information about his company's products here rather than buried in the main threads trashing his name. ,after all he can speak for himself ---- as in the post previous to mine.
The thinking behind the "user group" i understood was to improve existing and develop new parts. If the forum needs a separate sticky thread of non compatible/faulty parts then so be it.

Feel free to delete my post 120 --- not wanting to waste any of the forum members time with inane posts.

Steve
Steve3.8

64 3.8 fhc, 67 4.2 fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

paulsco
Great Britain

#126 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by paulsco » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:45 pm

Julian,

I was just browsing through an old Jaguar Quarterly magazine (Autumn 1991) and found this.

You may have seen it before, but I thought I would post, just in case.

Paul
65 Series 1 FHC, 68 Jaguar 340

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

288gto
Russia

#127 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by 288gto » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:00 pm

They've come a long way since then with latest figures showing a turnover of just over £21 million. Well done Julian. :thumbsup:
Simon
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#128 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:50 am

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the feedback - the ones you returned were already being looked into so the further info is appreciated.
We have made these to 1.5" for a long time, but, based on your pictures - it would appear that a slight increase in the OD and a change to the tab to include a radius and protrusion would improve the product.

We plan to check fitment vs the mating parts as soon as we can and advise

thanks
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#129 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:20 pm

JulianBarratt wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:46 pm
Hi Tadek
Thanks verymuch for all of these, we will look into all of them and report back.
Tadek,
On these issues raised, i am going to drop you a direct mail to reply as there are photos etc and i suspect there will be a bit of back-and-forth to confirm some of the details so i dont want to fill the thread with that...
We can then update once/if we come to an agreement!
thanks
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#130 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:43 pm

Hi All,
Sorry for the slight radio silence on here so far in 2021 - those of you in business will know these are times when the number of hurdles are more than usual. If it isnt the dreaded "C" thats causing that days challenge - the last few weeks have also reminded us of our old friend "B (rexit)" and considering more than a third of our products go into Europe, the last few weeks have been...invigorating.
Many thanks for posting that pic of the SNGB article from 1991, amazingly we still have one of that team working for us - the guy in the white t-shirt is Tony Lee, who runs our USA branch. Recently, with the E-type 60th upon us, i have been asked for a few word on the history of SNG Barratt and i have been trawling through some of the archive photos that we have and there are some gems. The picture in the article above is from just before we moved to Bridgnorth when we could have fitted all the staff in a large 4x4...
From even earlier days, I have attached a picture from Beaulieu Autojumble in the 1980s - my parents are the couple in the middle and the children to the right of the picture are my sister and I....
Thanks for the feedback on the track rod ends, this one hasnt come my way yet but i will take a look at progress.
I hope all are safe and well, spring is on the way and i have an exciting new product to try in 50EE that i will (hopefully) be able to tell everyone about a bit later in the year - anyone who is very eagle eyed may spot the change at a show...

MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#131 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:18 pm

With reference to another thread on this forum ref brake fluid bottles (C36606) i can advise as follows:

We made some tooling modifications around 2018 to the Sovy branded bottles to address some reported issues with the bottles splitting in the area of the outlet pipe.

Around the same time, we also started selling a brake bottle with the LP hose already fitted as it was out view at the time that it was possible for customers to damage the bottle when fitting the LP hose to it - the link to this is below for UK customers:
https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/UK ... 0c36606%60

These was some talk also of the billet versions of these and i did say i would look into this - but have not done so at this stage, so i will do.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#132 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Fuel.inj wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:52 pm
Just received a pair of Track Rod Ends (C25447U). The quality of the main component is excellent but as for the grease nipple which I have shown in the photograph is appalling quality.It has hardly any thread in the body of the nipple and it just pulled out. This is only a minor point but it needs to be addressed.
In response to this issue above, we have taken a look and we think that the issue raised is as a result of damage at some point rather than a design fault. Our technician advises as follows:

Because the transit boxes have minimal padding, if they are dropped, the head of the nipple take the full force of the impact.
I think that is what has happened to the one on the forum. It splits the body of the nipple and strips out the thread.

So, we are going to check all stocks and repack with additional measures. I dont know if the customer service team have resolved the issue above (i cant always work out who the customer is from the forum handle) so do please contact them to arrange replacement if not already done so.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#133 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Heuer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:46 pm

Julian

Clicking on the username and selecting email (rather than PM) will give you their address which might match up to your records.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#134 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 pm

Heuer wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Julian

Clicking on the username and selecting email (rather than PM) will give you their address which might match up to your records.
Excellent - thank you

"Every day is a school day"...
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Fuel.inj
Wales

#135 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Fuel.inj » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Thank you Julian. I have had replacements and your sales team were first class in responding to my email.
You state that it’s probably been dropped on the point of the grease nipple but on close inspection there is minimal thread cut which has caused the issue. Regards, Paul.
Paul.
1990 Mercedes Benz 260E
1972 Saab 96 V4
A number of Nortons.
1939 Triumph T100

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#136 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:02 pm

steve3.8 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 pm
Julian,

The Gearbox mainshaft tab washer C21618 from SNG
Just to update on this one, we concur with the above and will make a revised version available in the coming months in the next batch that takes into account the changes. Thanks for the input.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

288gto
Russia

#137 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by 288gto » Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 am

Hi Julian,

You were looking into the fitment issues on the S2 and S3 headlamp chromes last year and said you would post some pics up of them on your S3. I just wondered how you had gone on?

Simon
Simon
1969 S2 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heronscourt
Great Britain

#138 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by Heronscourt » Wed May 12, 2021 10:51 pm

I’m in the middle of a long term restoration of a series 1.5 dhc and conversion to RHD. I’d like to be involved with the proposed group. Service doesn’t seem to be a problem and most contacts are helpful but too many NLA or back order items.
Alan R
Etype series 1.5 roadster 1968

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#139 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Thu May 13, 2021 6:40 am

288gto wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 am
Hi Julian,

You were looking into the fitment issues on the S2 and S3 headlamp chromes last year and said you would post some pics up of them on your S3. I just wondered how you had gone on?

Simon
Hi Simon,
Yes, we are working on these and have done some scanning work on our V12 car, i will follow up with the design guys and try to report back this week.
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#140 Re: SNG Barratt User Group

Post by JulianBarratt » Thu May 13, 2021 6:44 am

Heronscourt wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:51 pm
I’m in the middle of a long term restoration of a series 1.5 dhc and conversion to RHD. I’d like to be involved with the proposed group. Service doesn’t seem to be a problem and most contacts are helpful but too many NLA or back order items.
Please do feel free to put questions on this forum board or else contact me directly. There are only a handful of long term back order items at the moment (the most notable for your car would be the rear lights) and i can usually advise on the status pretty quickly. In terms of NLA, for the E-type the range is generally well covered but we are always open to suggestions for items that we could be making...All input is gratefully received...
MD at SNG Barratt Group

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic