Today decided to put some order in the trunk of the S2 and prepare for replacing the SU points fuel pump with an electronic one. Then incidentally though about checking the jack and lubricating it. To my horror: the jack I found in the bag is not the one I had with the car!
Last time I took it out of the trunk was some 5 years back in the south of France on the parking lot of a restaurant to lend it to a couple in a UK registered gunmetal S1 fhc having a flat and had no jack on board. They gave it back to me just a min later in the bag still closed before I even closed the trunk back, claiming they finally decided to inflate and drive to a tyre repair shop. So obviously made a swap...
What a sad story. My original jack is gone, and below is the one I have now. I am trying to see whether we had any picture taken of the gunmetal S1 where the license plate would appear so I would nicely try to locate this friendly couple...

In conclusion: have been s*****d, driving 5 years with the wrong jack but luckily never needed it, now have to find a proper one or convert this one.
2015 can start, I will think twice before lending!