Has any club member used Corley Ash Garage of Corley near Coventry? If so, do you have any opinions, either good or bad?
Alternatively can anybody suggest a reliable, experienced and reasonable specialist garage or one man band within a radius of about 25 miles from Stratford upon Avon, e.g. Coventry, Nuneaton, Banbury, Redditch etc. etc.? It's principally for heavy mechanical work.
Thanks guys.
Anybody used Corley Ash Garage?
#2 Re: Anybody used Corley Ash Garage?
Hi Steve,
I work in the industry and know all of the specialists in and around Coventry. Are you looking for body/ paint, trim or mechanical repairs to be undertaken?
Kind regards,
Kevin
I work in the industry and know all of the specialists in and around Coventry. Are you looking for body/ paint, trim or mechanical repairs to be undertaken?
Kind regards,
Kevin
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: Anybody used Corley Ash Garage?
Thanks Kevin.
It's mechanical - brake master cylinder, servo and its cylinder, steering rack mountings etc.
It's mechanical - brake master cylinder, servo and its cylinder, steering rack mountings etc.
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#4 Re: Anybody used Corley Ash Garage?
Steve,
I do most of the mechanical repairs on my S3 myself, however last year I needed to replace my brake master cylinder and servo and I just did not fancy the doing it so used Leacy MG in Birmingham. Whilst they are MG specialists they do get a wide variety of classics in and the technicians have worked on E Types, in fact they were restoring an S2 2+2 when I was last in there.
I supplied the parts as I get them at trade, their hourly rate is competitive compared to Coventry where anyone in classic Jags is charging premium rates. I am very happy with the standard of the work.
I also know of Edward Watson &Co Ltd at Atherstone. I don't have direct experience of them but I do know that one of the top restorers in Coventry sub contracts to them.
Other than that XK Engineering in Shilton are very capable, but also very busy and at the premium rate end of the market.
Let me know how you get on.
regards,
Kevin
I do most of the mechanical repairs on my S3 myself, however last year I needed to replace my brake master cylinder and servo and I just did not fancy the doing it so used Leacy MG in Birmingham. Whilst they are MG specialists they do get a wide variety of classics in and the technicians have worked on E Types, in fact they were restoring an S2 2+2 when I was last in there.
I supplied the parts as I get them at trade, their hourly rate is competitive compared to Coventry where anyone in classic Jags is charging premium rates. I am very happy with the standard of the work.
I also know of Edward Watson &Co Ltd at Atherstone. I don't have direct experience of them but I do know that one of the top restorers in Coventry sub contracts to them.
Other than that XK Engineering in Shilton are very capable, but also very busy and at the premium rate end of the market.
Let me know how you get on.
regards,
Kevin
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
SimonBrown
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 pm
- Location: Solihull

#5 Re: Anybody used Corley Ash Garage?
Hi Steve,
I use CFS Motors at Corley Coventry.
Chris Forbes is fantastic and has done a complete mechanical rebuild on my series 2. He and his team have many years Jaguar experience and have worked at the factory. Immense knowledge and reasonably priced
His number is 01676 541917
Regards
Simon
I use CFS Motors at Corley Coventry.
Chris Forbes is fantastic and has done a complete mechanical rebuild on my series 2. He and his team have many years Jaguar experience and have worked at the factory. Immense knowledge and reasonably priced
His number is 01676 541917
Regards
Simon
Simon Brown
1969 E Type Series 2 OTS
2013 F Type V6 Convertible
1975 Honda 400 Four
1969 E Type Series 2 OTS
2013 F Type V6 Convertible
1975 Honda 400 Four
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#6 Re: Anybody used Corley Ash Garage?
Thanks Kevin and Simon.
I'm aware of all those you mention but it's great to get personal recommendations - thanks to both.
Steve
I'm aware of all those you mention but it's great to get personal recommendations - thanks to both.
Steve
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |


