I want to put new, more secure doors on my small double garage (2 separate doors).
Does anybody have any good/bad experience of installer/suppliers in the SE of England to share?
Steve
Dream Garage (Doors)
-
Steve Marshall
Topic author - Posts: 180
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:35 am
- Location: London

#1 Dream Garage (Doors)
Nortonian mechanics Jan '69 S2 Roadster RHD Manual
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Nickleback
- Posts: 520
- Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:49 pm
- Location: West Sussex

#2 Re: Dream Garage (Doors)
Steve,
I put two large heavy duty new oak doors on my single garage and had a good experience with an Andover based supplier.
Is that the type of doors you were looking for ?
I put two large heavy duty new oak doors on my single garage and had a good experience with an Andover based supplier.
Is that the type of doors you were looking for ?
Mike,
1970 S2 FHC 2R28165
1970 S2 FHC 2R28165
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#3 Re: Dream Garage (Doors)
There is no such thing as a totally secure garage door. All doors of any manufacture can be prized, broken, hammered crowbarred axed gemmied open. And even if you fit the most secure door, all that does is deflect the determined tea leaf to another point of entry. As one who has constructed buildings in the past I know where any building's weakest points are likely to be. Triple locked doors and windows ain't it. They are just the most convenient particularly for getting a car out and away. Best to spend time and money on theft deterrents - proximity alarms PIR triggered lights Dobermans cameras etc.
Either that or own a bag of nails 2+2 generously insure it and live over the garage, which is what I do.
Either that or own a bag of nails 2+2 generously insure it and live over the garage, which is what I do.
Chris '67 S1 2+2
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
-
Steve Marshall
Topic author - Posts: 180
- Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:35 am
- Location: London

#4 Re: Dream Garage (Doors)
Hi thanks for the input.
I should have been clearer, I was looking for a supplier/installer with a good rep in the Herts/Middlesex area.
I am pretty much stuck with a sectional up-and-over door due to spatial constraints, and I don't have great expectations about the security level to be achieved.
Steve
I should have been clearer, I was looking for a supplier/installer with a good rep in the Herts/Middlesex area.
I am pretty much stuck with a sectional up-and-over door due to spatial constraints, and I don't have great expectations about the security level to be achieved.
Steve
Nortonian mechanics Jan '69 S2 Roadster RHD Manual
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |
#5 Re: Dream Garage (Doors)
Hi Steve....cant recomend fitters but have you looked at roller doors.....i recently removed my up and over as i fitted a lift and with the car up the door would not open.....would be a good time to think of possibly a lift of some sort...maybee a scissor type that lifts the car approx 1mt.....i used Gararoll doors.....fitted myself very easy
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
69 S2 2+2 (sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc
| Link: | |
| BBcode: | |
| HTML: | |
| Hide post links |



