Porn from Goodwood

Talk about E-Types here
User avatar

Topic author
chrisfell
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 am
Location: Salisbury
St Lucia

#1 Porn from Goodwood

Post by chrisfell » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Members meeting this weekend, loads of very expensive machinery being pushed to its limits, and in one case (a Chevy V8 powered Lister) beyond. The engine let go in a spectacular cloud of steam and smoke just as it finished the race.

E-Type interest was limited as (a) it seems the most highly developed cars weren't there, and this year the Cobras had just too little to let the E-Types stay with them.
Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

CUT7 got bruised, but all others seemed OK at the end of the day.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Mark Gordon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:33 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
United States of America

#2 Re: Porn from Goodwood

Post by Mark Gordon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 pm

I came across this article from Petrolicious website. I thought that some members would be interested.

https://petrolicious.com/previewing-the ... f-goodwood
Mark

67 OTS 1E14988, 2015 Camry XSE

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


brent07n
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 pm
United States of America

#3 Re: Porn from Goodwood

Post by brent07n » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:08 am

Sweet looking rides indeed. I like the number 8.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar

Topic author
chrisfell
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:52 am
Location: Salisbury
St Lucia

#4 Re: Porn from Goodwood

Post by chrisfell » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm

brent07n wrote:Sweet looking rides indeed. I like the number 8.
That was a very clean car. Very very clean.

Too clean?

It is owned and entered by an American car collector, John Breslow.
He also bought one of the first 'continuation' E-Types.
I've added 2 and 2 and I think made 5 - one of the new lightweights appears to have been racing at Goodwood.
Hmmm! I thought March said they'd never get to race at Goodwood.

It wasn't very fast, in fact it slower than everything else and was lapped by the leaders after five laps. Methinks the continuation cars need some work in the engine department. Assuming it is one of the new ones.
Chris '67 S1 2+2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic