Page 1 of 1

#1 Porn from Goodwood

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm
by chrisfell
Members meeting this weekend, loads of very expensive machinery being pushed to its limits, and in one case (a Chevy V8 powered Lister) beyond. The engine let go in a spectacular cloud of steam and smoke just as it finished the race.

E-Type interest was limited as (a) it seems the most highly developed cars weren't there, and this year the Cobras had just too little to let the E-Types stay with them.
Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

CUT7 got bruised, but all others seemed OK at the end of the day.

#2 Re: Porn from Goodwood

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 pm
by Mark Gordon
I came across this article from Petrolicious website. I thought that some members would be interested.

https://petrolicious.com/previewing-the ... f-goodwood

#3 Re: Porn from Goodwood

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:08 am
by brent07n
Sweet looking rides indeed. I like the number 8.

#4 Re: Porn from Goodwood

Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm
by chrisfell
brent07n wrote:Sweet looking rides indeed. I like the number 8.
That was a very clean car. Very very clean.

Too clean?

It is owned and entered by an American car collector, John Breslow.
He also bought one of the first 'continuation' E-Types.
I've added 2 and 2 and I think made 5 - one of the new lightweights appears to have been racing at Goodwood.
Hmmm! I thought March said they'd never get to race at Goodwood.

It wasn't very fast, in fact it slower than everything else and was lapped by the leaders after five laps. Methinks the continuation cars need some work in the engine department. Assuming it is one of the new ones.