Page 1 of 1

#1 Coys Jaguar Auction 2002

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:41 pm
by dal2.0litrefrogeye
Some photos of a coys auction I attended back in 2002
If I remember rightly the red one which is a lot rusty was a early car originally owned or prepared by coombs .... that wasn't actually raced it was just a back up car and it sold for 72 K which seemed crazy back then .... the last photo was at Donnington at the 40th anniversary and Phillip Porter invited me to sit in 9600HP it had not long been restored
Image

Image
This ss100 is the one that Airfix used to scale down to 1/32 plastic kit they produced in the mid 70s ..... I remember building one but I put the wide wheels on it from the porsche race car of the time (couldn't leave things standard when I was a kid either )

Image[/url]

Image

Image

Image
And we'll known sprint and hill climb car if I remember rightly

Image

Image

Image
This last one was mid 2001 at the 40th anniversary. Phillip invited me to sit in it . I don't need asking twice. This was still a few months away from getting mine

#2 Re: Coys Jaguar Auction 2002

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 am
by Steffes
mgcejag wrote:Think this is the red one now and sold recentky for £750k https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auct ... e1011b54e8
Such beautiful cars. i can't believe the red one sold for 72k. I hope they restored it.

#3 Re: Coys Jaguar Auction 2002

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am
by mgcjag
Think this is the red one now restored and sold recentky for £750k https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auct ... e1011b54e8

#4 Re: Coys Jaguar Auction 2002

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm
by politeperson
Cant see much similarity!

Don't doubt it though.

Wonder how much of the original is left.

Its the murky world between restoration, repairing and replacement.

As the ancient Chinese Philosopher once said, "some things are best left undocumented".

#5 Re: Coys Jaguar Auction 2002

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 pm
by mgcjag
Here it is on xkedata.....read through the notes re whats original ect http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car ... istory=yes