Page 1 of 1

#1 E-type illustrations

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:01 pm
by TrevS
Hi all

I've had a bit of spare time in between tarting up my engine bay so have been having a play with some of my photos as thinking of doing some e-type illustrations for my garage or office. What do you guys think to these?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Trev

#2 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 pm
by 265bhp
Like..!

go for it....always good to see a new style with graphics...

Jonathan

#3 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:01 am
by PeterCrespin
Very nice..a hint of Art Deco. Since there's no risk or cost involved, I'd move the front plate down the bonnet to about 3" back from the opening.

#4 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 am
by politeperson
Very nice indeed. One of each for me please.

#5 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:56 pm
by nottsman
Brilliant. I wish I was that creative. There's a hint of comic book illustration that I really like.

Do you take commissions?

Nick

#6 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:46 pm
by neal herridge
Great images will look good on the wall, are you going to produce any, looks like there could be some takers .
Neal.

#7 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:36 pm
by Herzeg
Trev

They look good, what software did you use to create them?

John

#8 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:05 pm
by TrevS
Hi all

Thanks for the positive feedback I've already had a few enquiries on getting some printed so I'll take a look this week. Going to be using Adobe illustrator and Photoshop for art working so will work on few ideas. I'll probably remove the front plate so the images are generic enough for any owner.

Do you have any preferences which image I should work up? I like the first image which was at a local car show a month ago

Trev

#9 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:34 pm
by Series1 Stu
They are interesting. I really like them but I must say that the first one is my least favourite because there is too much going on in it. The car parked next to the E spoils it's lines and I'm not sure about the open tailgate either.

Obviously, I'm going to be wrong about this but then, its the difference that makes us different.....

#10 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:38 am
by Simon P
Nice work!

:bigrin:

#11 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:19 am
by chrisfell
Some years ago I turned this....
Image

into this......
Image

and this......
Image
...using simple, free photo editing software.

Sometimes, providence plays a hand. This next image involved no trickery, no electronic processing or light filtering. It was just a fleeting moment when the sun's rays were just so. It didn't even need to be cropped.

Image

It helps, of course, to have something which is visually pleasing to work with.

#12 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 am
by TrevS
Here are a few more. I am going to have a go at producing 1 initial design as illustration work will take some time so tell me which you think I should do

Image

Image

Image

Image

Trev

#13 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:37 am
by TrevS
OK so I have done a couple of designs with some typography added, first is S1 coupe and second design is a lightweight e-type. I really like the lightweight design so I am going to do that as the first print. Let me know what you think

Design 1 - S1 Coupe
Image

Image

Image

Design 2 - Lightweight

Image

Image

Image

#14 Re: E-type illustrations

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm
by NickJ
Trevor These are brilliant - you may have just started a new business! Suggest you get a feature in the E Type club magazine when you have worked out prices etc. If you can fine tune them even further by personalising owners numbers plates then even better. Like the Lightweight but FHC best
Nick. Series 1 FHC Ludlow