#1 Good News on my E-type
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:14 pm
When I bought my 65 E type in April this year, it had the start of some corrosion just coming on the rear of the sills. Nothing major, but something that wanted looking at rather than leaving to get worse.
I wanted the work done by someone with a good reputation and ended up booking it in with Alan Proctor, who came highly recommended. Due to his five month waiting list, I have only just took it in this week to have the work done.
As with all these things, we like to think the work will be minor but all the time dreading that once the sill is opened up there will be horror stories to tell.
Imagine my pleasant surprise therefore to receive an e-mail from Alan (who has seen more E-types than he would probably care to remember) that said, and I quote ' The car is a very good example of a Ser 1 E type. I would go so far to say it is the best example we have seen, the sills are the originals and when we look inside the sill cavity there is no corrosion'
Not bad for a 44 year old car that as far as I know spent its entire life in the UK before being restored around 20 years ago.
It's certainly made my day and confirmed I bought a good car!
Ian
I wanted the work done by someone with a good reputation and ended up booking it in with Alan Proctor, who came highly recommended. Due to his five month waiting list, I have only just took it in this week to have the work done.
As with all these things, we like to think the work will be minor but all the time dreading that once the sill is opened up there will be horror stories to tell.
Imagine my pleasant surprise therefore to receive an e-mail from Alan (who has seen more E-types than he would probably care to remember) that said, and I quote ' The car is a very good example of a Ser 1 E type. I would go so far to say it is the best example we have seen, the sills are the originals and when we look inside the sill cavity there is no corrosion'
Not bad for a 44 year old car that as far as I know spent its entire life in the UK before being restored around 20 years ago.
It's certainly made my day and confirmed I bought a good car!
Ian
