Certificate of Conformity for E Type

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
MarkE
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Contact:
Great Britain

#1 Certificate of Conformity for E Type

Post by MarkE » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:54 am

Chaps
I'm just filling out the forms to get my '65 S1 Coupe registered for the first time in the UK. The V55/5 seems to indicate that I need a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for the car which has loads of details showing that it's suitable for the UK! It's a type approval thing, without which it seems that I would need Single Type Approval (i.e. for a kit car).

Question is...do I need this for such an old car? I can't get any sense out of DVLA or VOSA. If anybody has registered an imported E Type recently could you give me a clue? And if I need one, do you have one or know where I can get one?!

I'm sure it wasn't this difficult 12 years ago when I registered the S3.

Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links


Topic author
MarkE
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
Contact:
Great Britain

#2

Post by MarkE » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:03 pm

After a bit more hunting and a couple of phone calls I have the definitive answer....not needed for cars over 10 years old. ....Phew!

Should I phone DVLA now and let them know?!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic