Page 1 of 1

#1 Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:09 pm
by ETTony
Hi Chaps,
I wonder how many of us are displaying our cars this weekend.
I will be over in mine.
Tony
GEY719E series 1, OTS, Black.
say Hi :salute:

#2 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm
by chrisfell
All arranged, permit printed and ready.
One year I managed to blag my way onto the circuit, but I think they are a little more strict these days.
If the weather is good, expect a large turnout, and expect to be directed to the outer reaches of the circuit if even slightly late. Prime spot by the pits will already have been allocated.

#3 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:11 pm
by chrisfell
All change. I can’t make it now. Had some issues with the fan belt, so I changed it. And when checking how the new belt was running with the engine running (you know where this is goingj, the new belt hooked my finger over the alternator pulley. Result, on fan belt on the floor, and one finger bleeding profusely.

Finger is now mended, following a visit to A&E, but finger is also immobilised with a plaster cast for the next five days. So I can’t change gear, and even before that, I can’t refit the fan belt.

Blast!

#4 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:58 pm
by ETTony
Blinking heck Chris, bitten by a Jaguar 🐆

#5 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:06 pm
by Grant
Hi Tony

I will be there in mine,

I’ve registered already so I think I will be able to park on the track.


See you there

Grant

#6 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:51 am
by ETTony
Great, it looks like a dry day too

#7 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:38 pm
by Stephanie Plum
Excellent morning. Lots and lots of lovely cars of all manufacturers, with a healthy smattering of Es and plenty of other Jaguars. Goodwood have really got on top of the breakfast club organising now, it is no longer the bunfight of old, and much the better for it.

Hi again to Andrew - see you at the Black Swan next Sunday :drinkingcheers:

#8 Re: Goodwood Breakfast, Classics meet 5th August

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:21 am
by ETTony
A great morning in the sun. As hoped a good turnout of many cars. as Steph says the E Types were well represented. I did not see and C or D's, there was a loverly XKSS :bouncyyellow: :bouncyyellow:
full English and fab cars, a fine start to the day.