So, last year my mechanic and I rebuild the engine, brakes, clutch and electrical system. Now i wanted to paint the engine bonet because it has been previusly painted and with a very bad finish, but one thing lend to another and here i am, without the car because im doing a hole pain job. I took the bonet for a sand paint removal for a fresh start and now im gonna replace the cockpit floor, some little rust on the doors and a few little bumps on the doors. I'm gonna paint it in the original carmin red but with varnish is it? for a glassy finishing.
the problem began when i picture the car with fresh new paintjob and crapy chromes, so all the bumpers and chrome finish things are being rechromed.
I have one question do, respect the interior, mine was carmin red with black leather interior, the carpets were replaced years ago for some light grey, but i dont really know if the carpets were suposed to be black or grey, maybe you can help me out.
i will upload more photos while the process advace.
charlie












