Page 1 of 1

#1 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:45 am
by SEJohnson95
Morning all

Bit of a specific question - but does anyone have a set of trimmed 4.2 seats which are out of the car that I could take some pictures of, please? The plan for my OTS model is to get a 3D model made from loads of pictures, which I can then use to 3D print a set of seats for my model. The same is also true of a S1 OTS with the hood down and cover fitted, so that I can get the correct profile.

As I'm currently in Bristol, I could reach a reasonable distance around there. Richard is still up in Derbyshire and so could come and get a load of photos for me.

Thanks

Simon

#2 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:33 am
by chrisfell
I have some tatty ones.
Image

Image

Image

Just a though, as you are (no offence intended here) a younger enthusiast, had you considered making your car (already modified from its original coupe form?) a resto-mod, complete with MX5 front seats?

More photos if you like.

#3 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:59 pm
by SEJohnson95
Hi Chris

Although I may be a young enthusiast, I do prefer originality. Certainly that is the case for this model anyway. I do want it to look as close to the original thing as possible. Not really in to these restomod things!

If you don't mind, I might wait to see if anyone else has a slightly newer looking set, but thanks for letting me know. I would need to come and get loads of photos of both seats from all angles in order to get enough for the software to convert it into a 3D model - so that would probably be something I would need to do in person.

Thank you for now

Simon

#4 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:42 pm
by mgcjag
Hi Simon....how you doing....any local trimmer near you or an E type workshop you could contact....all the best..Steve

#5 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:49 pm
by christopher storey
BAS in S Wales is your nearest, Simon. Steve there is a very helpful chap

#6 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm
by SEJohnson95
Hi Steve

All going well thank you! Busy, but then we all are and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know I tend to just disappear off posts for a while - but I am reading them! :lol: I'm a firm believer of only contributing meaningful posts, given my lack of E-type!

Good point! I will have a word with my usual font of E-type knowledge (Paul Brown) as he has all sorts of cars in his workshop. I noticed a piece in this month's E-type magazine from a restorer based here in Bristol. I should perhaps give them a call.

Just seen your response, Christopher - thank you, definitely worth a shot

Cheers

Simon

#7 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 pm
by Mark Gordon
I'm not sure if this is what you need, Simon. Here are some shots of my hood cover in place.
Image

Image

Image

Image

#8 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 am
by JerryL770
I have a pair of newly trimmed seats in my attic (Nice n dry - MX5's in the car) which I could photograph for you and send pictures.

Would that help?

Jerry

#9 Re: 4.2 seats and hood cover

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 am
by SEJohnson95
Mark - thank you, that gives me a much better idea of what sort of shape I'm after

Jerry - sent you a PM