Page 1 of 1

#1 Triplex door glass

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:49 am
by Robbiee
Hi All

I’ve just removed the runners from my 1962 OTS door glass

It seems to be 1970. July/Aug/sept manufactured
I guess a replacement

Am I correct in this?

Can anyone tell me what the other figures stand for?
Robbie
Image

Image

#2 Re: Triplex door glass

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:16 am
by Simon P
Various bits of decode information here:

http://www.carwindshields.info/windshieldmarkings

#3 Re: Triplex door glass

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 am
by Heuer
Why go "off piste". :smile:

Here is everything we know about E-Type glass: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?p=60533#p60533

#4 Re: Triplex door glass

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:56 am
by Robbiee
Thanks David

Just debating how scratched the glass has to be before I go for new!
Robbie

#5 Re: Triplex door glass

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:59 am
by Heuer
Pilkington Classic can supply the glass with the correct period logo's.

#6 Re: Triplex door glass

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:03 am
by Robbiee
Jolly good
Thanks