Page 1 of 1

#1 Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:28 am
by Tom W
What does everyone think of this? Impressive power and torque figures if they’re accurate.

https://woodham-mortimer.com/Cars/For- ... d7c999c354

#2 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:44 am
by max-it-out
Doesn`t say how much it costs ... :mrgreen: MPG probably not so good , that`s why it has a long range fuel tank .Should go quite well though with 400 bhp !

#3 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:50 am
by Tom W
Apparently, it’s £330k to £350k according to Octane.

#4 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:05 am
by mgcjag
Would you buy a car from WM :shrug:

#5 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:00 am
by 288gto
Similar money would buy you a very nice one from Uryk at Evolution E types.

Interestingly one of the WM engine bay shots shows what appears to be another heater motor intake on the opposite side of the bulkhead? I'm assuming this is for AC?

#6 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:14 pm
by 1954Etype
Not sure about the AC bit Simon. Looking in the car it has the standard heater flaps and no under dash millboards. (Not keen on the interior though!).

#7 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:04 pm
by 288gto
1954Etype wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:14 pm
Not sure about the AC bit Simon. Looking in the car it has the standard heater flaps and no under dash millboards. (Not keen on the interior though!).
It was this I couldn't decide on.......
Image

Thoughts?

#8 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:55 pm
by Robbiee
I’m sure it goes beautifully
But just not my thing
I guess we all have our ideas of what it is about an etype that gets us excited...for me it’s the slim tyres and simple beauty of an early 3.8, with a moss box that requires a slow hand and a bit of thought😊
Robbie

#9 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:03 pm
by 1954Etype
I don't know Simon. I agree, I would have thought it would be aircon but it would be unusual to use the standard flap vents inside the car. I can't see the compressor etc and there is no mention of it in the sales literature.

#10 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:42 pm
by 44DHR
Isn’t this the company that bought the assets of JD Classics ?
Presumably the same established workshop team who worked on the restoration of the previous JD Classic cars, now focussing on the restoration and development of new products like this to showcase their skills.
Regards,
Dave

#11 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:40 pm
by christopher storey
Woodham Mortimer ? Now I wonder who they could be ?

#12 Re: Woodham & Mortimer WM sport GT

Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:17 am
by Tom W
Yes, Woodham & Mortimer rose from the remains of JD Classics.

I, for one, quite like this. It’s a bit more discrete than Eagle or Evolution E-types. Subtly changed, but still period. Removing the overriders is an interesting touch.

I’d love to know how they get those power and torque figures, and still retain decent low speed manners, especially on carbs.