Page 1 of 1

#1 Using an E-Type

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:13 am
by chrisfell
By this time in a normal year I have driven my E to various shows events and E-Type specific gatherings, starting in the spring with Goodwood for a track day, through Prescott Hill to a variety of local events such as fetes and steam fayres. This year none of these have happened. No shows, no breakfast meets, no rallies. Yet my E has just clocked up it’s two thousandth mile this year. And none of the trips can be described as a joy ride, they have all been for a purpose which would otherwise have been completed in one of the other cars. This is partly because of lockdown, partly because of the long spell of reasonable weather. (Unlike many of my fellow humans, I enjoy this warm weather. I like being warm. And fortunately, my E also enjoys the warm weather.). It is also partly because I have confidence in my car not to breakdown while many miles from home.

One thing I have noticed this year, is that there are far fewer classic cars on the road than in previous years. Yesterday’s trip to see Dad, a 100 mile round trip, witnessed only two other classics. A MGB roadster, and a white E OTS in the A303 at a Sparkford. Unfortunately, although the E driver waved enthusiastically at me, I was concentrating on avoiding an artic to my left. If it was anyone on here, I apologise.

#2 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 am
by H7OB
Hi Chris,
I’m also missing the social aspect with the cars & bikes. For the sake of sanity I’ve been trying to get out as regularly as possible. Weekend trips down the Fosse for an ice cream have been very popular with all parties! Having the kids both fall asleep on a 2+2 rear seat must show how smoothly she’s running! She’s also been quite happy with these hot temperatures which is a relief! I’m so glad of the Webasto as well. Getting out in the car makes you happy, simple as that, so the more the better!
BTW Bicester Scramble is on at the beginning of October so fingers crossed for good weather.
:swerve:

#3 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:54 pm
by carlom
Funny that I miss the shows and the cars'n coffees and other get togethers, but at the same time I find myself driving the E more often these days than pre-virus days. That's why I bought the car.

#4 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm
by malcolm
Hi Margaret - I found that too! Bit like driving in the 1960s in a 1960s car.
You're a new member I believe - welcome! You could introduce yourself on the "welcome" page and tell us a bit about your car etc.

#5 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 pm
by malcolm
Just posted the above as a reply to "Margaret", new member, and she's disappeared. :questionmarks:

#6 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:13 pm
by mgcjag
Think a spam post....one of the guys probably deleted it....Steve

#7 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:38 pm
by Heuer
malcolm wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 pm
Just posted the above as a reply to "Margaret", new member, and she's disappeared. :questionmarks:
:police: :spamcan:

#8 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 am
by malcolm
OK guys, thanks

#9 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:14 pm
by PeterCrespin
malcolm wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:30 am
OK guys, thanks
It’s your aftershave Malcolm. Leaving the Webasto open in the garage for a week should clear it...

..and get rid of the mice.

#10 Re: Using an E-Type

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 am
by malcolm
Wish I could get rid of the mice as easy as the ladies!