Page 1 of 1
#1 Mechanic Recommendation near Cheshire, Manchester, Lancs?
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:18 pm
by TMC29L
Hello all,
Is anyone able to recommend a garage / mechanic in or near to my area (I'm near Stockport so Cheshire, Manchester, Lancs) who has experience with our cars and who could help me fix/maintain my series 3?
#2 Re: Mechanic Recommendation near Cheshire, Manchester, Lancs?
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:42 am
by TMC29L
Sorry, I've just seen somebody else's post of November asking the same question as me and can see recommendations for Bob Bate in Birkenhead, Butlins in Swadlincote and Ken verity in Rotherham.
Does anybody who has an E Type in North Cheshire or Manchester use anyone closer to home? If not I'll get onto some google searches and try those further afield already mentioned in the other post. I know of one other in Derbyshire but also know of two people who had quite a bad experience there.
#3 Re: Mechanic Recommendation near Cheshire, Manchester, Lancs?
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:23 am
by SEJohnson95
Can't help you with Cheshire/Manc, I'm afraid, but another Derbyshire contact to add to your list would be Paul Brown, in Ripley nr Derby. Huge amount of experience with all series of E-Types (there are members on here who have had Series 3s restored by him) and always happy to help or answer questions. He doesn't have a website at present, but he's reachable on 01773 743188.
#4 Re: Mechanic Recommendation near Cheshire, Manchester, Lancs?
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:56 pm
by rossbraithwaite
I don't personally have any experience of them but Cheshire Classic Cars might be useful. Certainly the reputation of the founder Iain Tyrrell is pretty impressive and they have a cracking back catalogue of projects. Probably top dollar though.
There was a mention in the E Type mag recently of Graham Golightly of Birkdale Classics. They seem to do wedding car hire now but he is a man with much Jag knowledge.