Page 1 of 1
#1 Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 pm
by Tony
I am looking for car insurance for an E type. (Hopefully soon). So far I have had a quote from RH Specialist Car Drivers for ?213 ,unlimited mileage, 74K agreed valuation. This seem good value for money.
Does anybody have experience of this company's record or advise of other reliable firms.
At present I have a 24 year old son on my current Westfield and would like to continue this on the E type. Does any body know of a company who will take on a 24 year old named driver.
Regards
Tony (E Typeless , but maybe not for long)
#2
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 am
by D COUPE
Footman James not the cheapest But....................................
DC
#3
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:12 pm
by Heuer
Another vote for Footman James although they are now part of AON (I think) and the Call Centre service has dropped off.
#4
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:53 pm
by JEP41
I have my E-Type and MK2 Jaguars under one policy with FJ. They are offering up to 3 vehicles of the same make ie Jaguars on the one policy so I will shortly be adding my C-type copy, which is nearing completion :D
#5
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 pm
by christopher storey
Peter James & Co - I have 4 classics on 1 policy at competitive rates. FJ not as efficient post the takeover by AON with in my case 1 very serious mistake made
#6
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:23 pm
by Tony
I went to Carol Nash in the end for ?254 Mainly because the car was already insured with them and they would do an agreed valuation for 70k without an Engineers survey and Photos.
Saved a bit of hassle if maybe not the cheapest.
Thanks for the replies
Regards
Tony (E Typed) at last.
#7
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:17 pm
by skiday
I'm with Hagerty and couldn't be more pleased with both price and service :D . Call 01327 810600
#8
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:16 am
by left4dead
Another vote for Hagerty here - added the e-type (with agreed value) at a cost of ?2.67!!
I've heard they're increasing their premiums, however...
The best thing for me though is service level; they always answer the phone directly and are very knowledgeable about cars - they wanna talk cars more than I do, and that's A LOT
I moved from a company that switched to a call centre style of switchboard that drove me mad! :x
#9
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 am
by Heuer
Always check the small print though. I had a quote which seemed reasonable but it said I was not allowed to take part in a rally which was defined as more than three cars travelling together for the same purpose! I checked and it would have prohibited an E-Type Club Tour for example. And of course, courtesy of Jeremy Clarkson, practically every policy now includes a ban on the Nurburgring despite it being classed as a public Toll road by German authorities. The FJ policy has none of these limitations.
#10 Re: Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:05 am
by cactusman
Peter James gets my vote. £300 for my mgb and e type...
You might find a 24 year old may add a few quid
#11 Re: Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:16 am
by mgcjag
Looks like the previous poster to you Julian is just advertising...its his 1st post
#12 Re: Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:33 am
by Gfhug
His name gives that away, too. Seems like he was given the task of finding ways to advertise?
Should his post be deleted?
Geoff
#13 Re: Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:23 pm
by Red Kite
Yes, remove him.
If you google that username it has joined dozens of random forums in the last month.
#14 Re: Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:05 pm
by Heuer
Done!
#15 Re: Classic Car Insurance
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:08 pm
by cactusman
Did not spot that Steve...gone is good....always worth shopping around every year.....I do although for me Peter James has been the best for the past three years...