Bad experience with the Brexit

Talk about E-Types here

ysmalkie
Poland

#21 Re: Bad experience with the Brexit

Post by ysmalkie » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:31 am

Joe, I do not mind you Brexiting ;-)

However the mess it has created is unbelievable.
I have an account with DPD in UK, as they worked quite well for last 5 years and always delivered on time to Poland. This story shows how things have changed:

1. I bought exhaust manifold for my Healey Sprite on December 18th.
2. I wanted to ship it on December 21st, but the borders closed due to new 'British' COVID.
3. I shipped in finally on January 7th.
4. On January 9th I got an email from a certain Lucy (who resides in Ipswitch) that she was really surprised to receive a package destined for me. She manged to decipher my e-mail and contact me.
5. I went on a chat with DPD, explained the situation. After 40 minutes, of explaining that they dumped my manifold on some strangers doorway, I am am kindly asking them to pick it up and sent to me they just could not take the information and .. ignored it.
6. A week later with no hope in DPD picking it up, I created another order on DPD and send a new label to Lucy. She was kind enough to attach it and DPD picked it up.
7. 3 days later DPD .... dropped my manifold at Lucy's doorway. You may think that my manifold fancied Lucy...
8. I tried to get info out of the DPD why did it happen. I filed 3 queries. No answer.
9. Last week I decided to have a 3rd shipping attempt. I asked DPD to pick it up (they understood that this time it was their fault) so they just ordered a driver to pick it up.
10. I emailed my new friend in Ipswitch and told her that DPD will come over and pick it tomorrow. We triple checked the labels, all was good.
11. When DPD finally picked it up I wanted to monitor it quite closely, so next day I went on a the DPD chat and inquired. After 10 minutes of chatting and convincing the fellow on the other end that I want to make SURE it's going over to me in Poland, he finally said: "Oh btw, there is something strange about the address: it's destined to London, Kings rd." ..... 40 min later the address was back to me in Poland..
12. A week later and my manifold is resting in customs in Holland.

You may think I missed an opportunity of having friends on King's road in London... I did.. But then I do need this manifold in March..
Tadek

e-type S1 3.8 FHC - in restoration phase...
Jaguar XK120 OTS
Austin-Healey 100 BN2

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#22 Re: Bad experience with the Brexit

Post by mgcjag » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:43 am

We dont want political comments..........its ok to discuss general delivery problems.....Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

PeterCrespin
United States of America

#23 Re: Bad experience with the Brexit

Post by PeterCrespin » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:56 am

mgcjag wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:43 am
We dont want political comments..........its ok to discuss general delivery problems.....Steve
Thank you Steve. I feel very uncomfortable at some what I’m reading.
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#24 Re: Bad experience with the Brexit

Post by Heuer » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:17 am

Agreed! We need to keep overt politics off the Forum. We all have our views but the UK made a democratic decision and we have to live and work with that. I will lock this post as both sides have had their say and chewing on it further will add nothing of value.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Locked Previous topicNext topic