Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
WM86
Great Britain

#1 Interesting article

Post by WM86 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

Many of you may have seen the op-ed piece in this month's Practical Classics by Nick Larkin on the work the Morgan Three Wheeler Club are doing to safeguard the future of these particular cars by offering them to younger enthusiasts through their club membership and Mog Match scheme. It would seem cars (projects) are sold at lower than market rates to younger enthusiasts with support then given to help these new enthusiasts to complete the projects.

I appreciate with E-Type prices continuing to creep up / stabilise (?) this sort of scheme may not be remotely feasible, but I was wondering whether there is a way for E-Types (projects) to be made more accessible to enthusiasts who may not have the £ to afford hammer prices for a road-ready car, and so that expertise which I have seen so widely on this forum may be passed on to new owners which may safeguard these wonderful cars from an enthusiast's point of view.

Naturally I will don a tin hat as there may be a number of differing views on this, but I thought I would merely enquire following on from this thought provoking article.

Best wishes,
Will

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

max-it-out
Great Britain

#2 Re: Interesting article

Post by max-it-out » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:18 pm

Last time I looked there were a few cars on E-Bay going quite cheap , usually S2 2+2 s needing major resto work . Something for the younger enthusiast to get their teeth into :mrgreen:
Mark

1968 series 1.5 roadster

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#3 Re: Interesting article

Post by mgcjag » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi Will....sounds a great idea for a club that has paying members....we are just a forum.....no fees payable...and no pot of cash.......maybee you could Approach the JDC....JEC...or the E type club.........most members here have worked their way up through other cars and have got to an age where they can finally afford an E type.......thats just the start becaus you then have the expense or restoring and keeping it running.......Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic