Free (sorta) X-Type diesel estate Cheltenham area

Talk about E-Types here

Topic author
PeterCrespin
United States of America

#1 Free (sorta) X-Type diesel estate Cheltenham area

Post by PeterCrespin » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:03 pm

Due to circumstances beyond my control, an otherwise pleasant Jaguar independent workshop in Cheltenham has not been able to return my 2008 X-type to me in time for my return flight from Heathrow to Washington on Sunday 6th Feb. The plan was for Marek to keep the car until my return in mid July.

I can get a lift to LHR from my daughter in Cheltenham, who will be working a Virgin Atlantic Barbados flight on Sunday while I take BA to the US. The problem is that she doesn't have room to store the car, whenever the work is completed (hopefully in the next week or so, maybe longer).

So in essence, when the work is done, there'll be a nice workhorse which you'd be welcome to use within reason for the next 5 months or so. 55+ motorway miles per gallon is a very nice change for a Jag! The only issue will be that the MoT comes up in April. I'm refreshing brakes, tyres etc. right now, so it should pass, but you'd have to take it for the test to a garage of your choosing at my expense.

Ideally the car could be kept undercover but it's not essential, although I'd prefer to avoid a coating of tree sap if possible...

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks
Pete
1E75339 UberLynx D-Type; 1R27190 70 FHC; 1E78478; 2001 Vanden Plas

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links