Page 1 of 1

#1 ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 pm
by Jamesws1
ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR GENEVA TOUR

I am James Strickland in the US.
I own 875006 which is the 6th left hand drive E type roadster and the oldest restored left hand drive Etype Roadster in the world. I was in touch with Philip Porter when I 1st bought the car and he should remember me because of it. It is strictly a show car and I never drive it as it is too valuable.
I do have a 67 E-Type Roadster I've owned for 48 years. I am signed up for the Geneva tour, however because of shipping at this point it looks like I'll have to take my own container which is VERY expensive. Would anyone consider renting me their car or do you know someone who would consider doing this? Henry Pearman who owns Eagle Etypes has been in my garage and viewed 006 and I have sold him many cars down through the years. I am attaching a link to a video about me talking about 006. I would appreciate any help you can give me. As I am 72 and an owner of Etypes for over 50 years, I assure you I would treat the car with the greatest of respect.



James Strickland
jamesstrickland@comcast.net

#2 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:41 am
by Heuer
Contact Angus Moss (he owns 860047) as a starting point. PM him via the Forum (1954etype) or email via his web site: https://www.mossjaguar.com/index.html

#3 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:38 pm
by chrisfell
James,
Do you mean this tour?

https://www.jaguardriver.co.uk/events/2022/jaguar-100

If so, it has been cancelled.

#4 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:50 pm
by mgcjag
E type club Geneva tour viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18499

#5 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:45 pm
by Jamesws1
mgcjag wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:50 pm
E type club Geneva tour viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18499
This is the tour I'm signed up for

#6 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 12:18 pm
by chrisfell
James,
I’ve sent you a Private message, which you have yet to read.

#7 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:51 pm
by mgcjag
Poster has listed his email address in his first post....Steve

#8 Re: ETYPE RENTAL NEEDED FOR RUN TO GENEVA TOUR

Posted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:26 pm
by chrisfell
Gottit. DM sent. Thx.