Great Britain

#1 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Heuer » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Great viewing!

Congratulations SNGB :yellow:
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

politeperson
Great Britain

#2 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by politeperson » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:17 pm

Excellent film, well worth doing. Congratulations to the family.

Just looking at my first SNG invoice for E type parts over 7 years ago for a brake pipe set and and some clutch bits for £143.84. I was ordered on a Wednesday and arrived the next day, no drama.

I now have well over 300 transactions later with SNG, all have been perfect as far as I am concerned, some invoices running to over 50 parts each, so in my world, that is a pretty good track record.

The ability for the uninitiated to be able to locate a specific part using exploded diagrams and get the bits the next day is one of the main reasons I have focused on Jaguar.

Try restoring a Citroen SM or Ferrari 308. Parts availability is, at best, a crap shoot.

Much of that is down to Barrats organizational skills.

Profitably selling niche aftermarket parts at a competitive price point and quality is very difficult indeed, so my hats off to the family for keeping it all going and making such a success of everything.

I dont think I could be bothered with the whole hobby if it wasn't for the Barrat family and thier excellent exploded diagrams and inventory. For the really trick bits, Stephen has been very helpful in retirement too.

I have had many expansive conversations with Pete on the phone about many aspects of life. He has been a freeby as far as I am concerned!

So well done, dont think you are not appreciated or taken for granted. If it wasn't for the Barrats, I would probably be presiding over a magnificent collection of Gnomes or something.

Finally, Julian, your scruffy XK at Shelsey encouraged me to get one. Thats another fine mess you have got me into!

Its true, but Enzo never said it
Too many E types
XK120 SUs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

mgcjag
Great Britain

#3 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by mgcjag » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:22 pm

Great wright up James.....well said......SNGB eally are first class.....a real bonus for our hobby.....long may they continue......Steve
Steve
69 S2 2+2 (just sold) ..Realm C type replica, 1960 xk150fhc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Topic author
Heuer
Administrator
Great Britain

#4 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Heuer » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Indeed without SNGB our hobby would be dead. Please give a thumbs up to this video to show our support of Julian and all he and his team does.

It really does p*** me off that some seem to take them for granted and assume parts are easily available. Please don't.
David Jones
S1 OTS OSB; S1 FHC ODB
1997 Porsche 911 Guards Red

Add your E-Type to our World Map: http://forum.etypeuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1810

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

gtjoey
United States of America

#5 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by gtjoey » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:53 pm

Julian , his family and the entire crew on both sides of the pond are a great asset to the brand!
Many talks over time and willing to listen!
All the best!
Thank you Heuer for posting this
Gtjoey1314

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tony
Great Britain

#6 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Tony » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm

If I had to sum up SNG Barratt it would be that Julian has always been approachable and will to talk to anyone with a problem. He has always made me feel valued as a customer and that extends to his wife and family.
If I had have had problems they have been resolved. If you have a problem talk to him direct before putting out messages of complains on line about the company. If not resolved after that then ok, but I do not think that would happen. He has built the company on communication with his customers

Tony O’Brien
Tony (E typed)

1962 E Type Series 1 Roadster (OTS)

Tony

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DWW
Great Britain

#7 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by DWW » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:50 am

:yeahthat:
Danny

1962 S1 3.8 FHC (1012/1798)
2015 Range Rover Sport SVR
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

paydase
Belgium

#8 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by paydase » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:11 am

Congrats also to SNGB.
I use to buy parts from the team in France.
Sometimes (rarely) repro parts are not up to the task but SNGB is very responsive and helpful to address and resolve issues.
Good continuation to them, we, the classic Jag community, are very lucky to have such a company to allow us enjoying our hobby!
Serge
1964 (3.8) FHC
1961 OTS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Allrand
South Africa

#9 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Allrand » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:01 am

Yes, a thumbs up to SNG, got most of the parts for my restoration from them. The most smazing service, if I ordered on a Thursday my parts were always here in South Africa by Monday! 👍 :salute: :salute:
Randall Botha
'64 3.8 fhc & '51 Mk 7

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

JulianBarratt
Great Britain

#10 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by JulianBarratt » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:14 am

Thanks for the kind words on here - we have to say back that we wouldnt be here without the support of you all - our customers - which is massively appreciated and its always a pleasure to work with E-type folk.

With regards to the "scruffy" XK - I like to consider mine to be "shabby chic" but I hope you enjoy yours as they are great fun...
MD at SNG Barratt Group
Enthusiastic owner/driver of a couple of complete E-types as well as a warehouse or two of parts...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Durango2k
Germany

#11 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Durango2k » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:29 pm

I also bought from SNG and it always was a pleasure. When you think about a german branch, contact me :-)

Regarding the Citroen SM, well, I had 17 of these beasts and am keeping one for 23 yrs now. You have to join the club, best to join the French club, together with Cyril Sars in the Netherlands it is not really a problem to keep them alive. Its just costly sometimes, yes.

Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

politeperson
Great Britain

#12 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by politeperson » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:40 pm

Yes Julian, that is what I meant. Shabby Chic, sorry.

I love Citroen almost as much as Jaguar. However the SM is the only car I have given up on.

I purchased an Orient Blue one from Italy 10 years ago. It had been parked for over 20 years and was seized.

I stripped it to the bulkhead then gave up and sold it all after a few months. Gubbins everywhere. They are so complicated. The most difficult car I have ever come across. So many systems.

So am looking at another SM on Friday. I am an idiot. I will keep you posted. At least this one works.

Never give up.
Too many E types
XK120 SUs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Durango2k
Germany

#13 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Durango2k » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:50 pm

Hey James,

If you need any Citroen SM advice or help, just ask. Mine is a 73 bleu d‘orient.

Carsten
Jag E '66 S1 2+2, 74’Citroen DS 23 Pallas iE, 73’ Citroen SM 3.0, 54’ Citroen 11 BL, 71‘ Velosolex, 88‘ Unimog U1650

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

politeperson
Great Britain

#14 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by politeperson » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 pm

I definitely will do Carsten
Too many E types
XK120 SUs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jeremy
Great Britain

#15 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by Jeremy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:31 pm

Grateful thanks and hearty congratulations from me too. I have no idea how I would have restored my car without SNGBs astonishingly comprehensive range of spares. Website and comms are first class. Any issues I have had with individual parts have invariably been received courteously by Julian's staff and dealt with to the very best of their ability. Thank you!
Jeremy
1967 S1 4.2 FHC

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

AshM
Great Britain

#16 Re: 40 Years of SNG Barratt Video

Post by AshM » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:27 pm

Congratulations SNGB!

Some very genuine and sincere words on here that I shall not try to emulate. Will simply add my agreement.

A wonderful organisation, run by a genuinely nice guy who deserve their success.

Cheers
Ash
Series 2 FHC 1970
1R 20607

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic